Sonic Electronix

I installed a new volt meter in my car but it read the voltage differently. Ex: Car turned on voltage ~14.2 at the rear amp using a multimeter, and the volt meter in the dash reads ~13.5. why is this? I figured it was because i have the volt meter tapped into my 4 channel amp but you cant have different voltage on the same circuit right? Maybe the volt meter sucks?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

the voltage on my epicenter is always lower then the amp. when i test voltage with a dmm the front battery charges at a higher voltage then the ones at back

front battery 14.9 back batteries 14.6, must be the wire resistance

the voltage on my epicenter is always lower then the amp. when i test voltage with a dmm the front battery charges at a higher voltage then the ones at back

front battery 14.9 back batteries 14.6, must be the wire resistance

Yeah your right because my hooked the volt meter to the batt under to hood and it reads 14.4 and at the back it reads 13.5. I guess by the time the current reaches the volt meter its one through lots of wire resistance.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

i read 14.4 up front and in back. I had a problem like this once and it was a bad connection. I don't think you should lose a volt front to back. maybe .1 of a volt

edit

spelling

Edited by strangeduck

how much power wire are you running from the front to back?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

i read 14.4 up front and in back. I had a problem like this once and it was a bad connection. I don't think you should lose a volt front to back. maybe .1 of a volt edit spelling
I like this thinking..... I also see no drop from front to rear... If i was losing a FULL volt from front to rear,.... i would be climbing all over my car sticking my meter all over the joint............ Edited by KyLar96

i read 14.4 up front and in back. I had a problem like this once and it was a bad connection. I don't think you should lose a volt front to back. maybe .1 of a volt edit spelling
I like this thinking..... I also see no drop from front to rear... If i was losing a FULL volt from front to rear,.... i would be climbing all over my car sticking my meter all over the joint............

I installed a new volt meter in my car but it read the voltage differently. Ex: Car turned on voltage ~14.2 at the rear amp using a multimeter, and the volt meter in the dash reads ~13.5. why is this? I figured it was because i have the volt meter tapped into my 4 channel amp but you cant have different voltage on the same circuit right? Maybe the volt meter sucks?

Why couldn't you have different voltages on the same circuit?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69