BigPimpin91 Posted February 1, 2008 Report Posted February 1, 2008 I was only able to clamp one amp. On the first hit it pulled 295amps of current. Thats almost 600amps of current draw between the two. Voltage started at 14.4-14.5 and consistantly fell to 11.8. Impedance was 0.9ohms. I'll let ya'll do the math to calculate about much wattage that is. I'll tell you its waayyyy over they're max rated power handling.I got bored.The wattage rating flowing through that power wire at 11.8v is 3,481 watts. If the amps were at 14.4v 4,248 watts So roughly 7,000 watts between the two assuming all other factors were equal. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
AI James Posted February 1, 2008 Report Posted February 1, 2008 yea that maths off somewhere, theres NO WAY they are putting out 7k for the pair strapped
AI James Posted February 1, 2008 Report Posted February 1, 2008 maybe pushing it to say 5k on the pair
Derrick824 Posted February 2, 2008 Author Report Posted February 2, 2008 I got bored. The wattage rating flowing through that power wire at 11.8v is 3,481 watts. If the amps were at 14.4v 4,248 watts So roughly 7,000 watts between the two assuming all other factors were equal. You forgot to figure efficiency. At 0.5ohm the 1500s are good for around 67% efficiency. Accord is right. The pair are averaging a touch over 5,000 watts.
banginAltima Posted February 2, 2008 Report Posted February 2, 2008 So if two strapped did around 5,000 watts, what was the one doing when I hit a 145.4? If you build it, db's will come... NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09). Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Currently Rebuilding.... My 150db Plus Trunk Build I do box designs. [benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs [benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.