Sonic Electronix

DC has a military contract also. I see everybody posting they have these huge alternators but what are they putting out at idle? Just curious cause i don't know bout you but I like my idle amps and so far DC has the best idle ratings that I have seen so far.Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I clamped mine doing 213 amps at idle. Not quite cold, not quite hot either.

I have 2 of thr 270xp's on my Avalanche but I haven't clamped them yet. To the OP the companies listed are all good companies. Just make sure you take everything in to account before buying ie. Customer service, how good of a product they offer, price, how long they have been in business just to name a few and not necessarily in that order.

Good call man. That DC spx300 looks hella nice but the Singer 275 has a lifetime warranty.. Can't choose!

At that point its all about price and what exactly does that lifetime warranty cover?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

idk about singer alts yet...they haven't been around long enough for me to try one. Have heard good reviews so far, but I'll give it 2-3 years before I'd try one

hes been doing it for a while.. just not "big" like the others

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

DC has a military contract also. I see everybody posting they have these huge alternators but what are they putting out at idle? Just curious cause i don't know bout you but I like my idle amps and so far DC has the best idle ratings that I have seen so far.Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I clamped mine doing 213 amps at idle. Not quite cold, not quite hot either.

I have 2 of thr 270xp's on my Avalanche but I haven't clamped them yet. To the OP the companies listed are all good companies. Just make sure you take everything in to account before buying ie. Customer service, how good of a product they offer, price, how long they have been in business just to name a few and not necessarily in that order.

Good call man. That DC spx300 looks hella nice but the Singer 275 has a lifetime warranty.. Can't choose!

I can only speak for DC as I haven't played with any singer alts.

But my alternator has some great cooling on it. Like literally: It blows hot air out the front of the unit

I just don't want to spend 5 bills on something that only has a year warranty.. I want something that will last for a long time.. Because this is my daily driver, 40 miles back and forth to work everyday. My mom lives 8 hours away so I don't wanna be broke down on the side of the road if I can help it.. I mean shit happens but if I can prevent shit from happening with a badass product then I would like to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSc4UEmYoDE

a comment in the part 2 video (where the temp gun is reading mid to high 200's) from dc "We are also using these for military overseas in afghanistan as well and out of the 5k units we've sold we've never had a single failure."

Alright man, let me ask you. What would you choose? Considering all things

Archived