Second Skin Audio

It helps TREMENDOUSLY if you remove the plastic cover in the trunk that covers up the rear speakers. If you do this then 15' height won't be a problem at all. 33' wide is really pushing it, 32' wide is very snug and takes a bit of pressure to fit in. Length is all up to you.

If you want to, you can make the box 32' wide and have it come up around the humps on the side of the trunk. You could extend it to 40' without a problem. In this case you most likely would want to seal everything off and fire forward. This is an idea of the box I'm talking about minus the fact that it's much bigger than you'll need it to be.

IMAG0409.jpg

Anywho, what amp are you going to be using?

@ joe for port exstension what is 15/16 x 13 1/2

The extensions are the pieces of wood that the port is made of after it turns to the sides, the port is made of 4 pieces of wood 2 of the go front to back and two sideways.

The so called 45s are optional parts to improve airflow, if you want to do them I will provide details.

how do you design a box with out knowing what kind of power he is running and what kind of music its for

x2

But the funnier part is, how does he know the box will fit thru the trunk opening.. LMAO

because I have built several trunk boxes for chargers, and on the last 2 boxes I had made a box out of cardboard to the external dimensions of my designs to ensure they fit.

Telling you right now, 13inches was my max height and barley cleared, and the box was only 33wide, 35 wide is going to force you to have a stepper angle while installing the box, that stepper angle combined with a taller box may not give you the space to clear the top of the trunk lid opening...

To the guy starting this thread, I would SEVERELY stress you to make a cardboard cutout box held together with tape to ensure it will fit. Its getting rather close to not fighting juding by a box that I just measure sitting in my house from a previous charger install.

Max dimensions you can fit in a charger is 33W X 15H X 28D ....Thats how big my box is and I fit it through the trunk opening with less that an inch to spare on all sides

Yes i would like to know and wat i was asking is,what is the measurement 15/16 what for the other side of the ports its 15/16 x 13 1/2 is a number missing

Check carefully:

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 19 3/8 x 13 1/2

2 x Extension = 15/16 x 13 1/2

Two pieces are: 19 3/8 x 13 1/2 and the other two pieces are 15/16 x 13 1/2 all four pieces are 13 1/2 tall, hope that clears it up.

Good looking out Beemdub I was just about to ask what the max size box dimensions people have been putting in their trunks. What's the total cubic feet of that box?

well its a 4th order the ported side is just under 4 and the sealed section is 2 so right around 5.7 or so with port and sub displacement