09 Honda Civic EX **SKAR AUDIO**

Man, if I were you I'd do this. First Johnathan is right, you can get a pretty sizable battery in there if you work the tray right. You can remove the tray, it's not tacked in if I remember correctly, cause when I was putting in my CAI, I have an 06 EX, I found two 10mm bolts on the bottom side of the tray into the side of the frame. You have to go in from under it. If it's tacked, then you should just need to drill those out, and remove the bolts and it should come out. May be a good idea if you're going to put a bigger battery in there, and that way you can customize it to fit a nice tie down. Otherwise you'll have to fight it a bit to get the tie downs to work. That was my experience anyway.

But here's what I was going to originally say. First, since you're doing this, my first piece of advise is this! DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! Don't mess around! As you said, every effing wire in these cars seems undersized. It's just the way it is. But to get a decent battery in there, and not fight the cables to fit or fit loosely, do what I did and just replace them back to the fuse box. You have two of them in there. One goes to the battery, one goes to the alternator. That's what I was saying before that I did. I'll see if I can dig up my old pics, cause that was a while ago. But go back with some 4ga cable, then you can make it as long as you want and you won't have to fight it. You're already doing the big 3, or already did, so that's not an issue.

The next big thing is to do the starter cable. My only regret on this was not getting all the way back to the starter and replacing the whole thing. But I soldered on a 4ga cable to the white starter cable, and then heat shrinked it and made it as long as I needed it to be.

Bam! All custom! You would be amazed at what a couple of custom wires can do for your sanity! I'll see if I can find those pics. BRB.

Ok I found them. Let me know if you want em posted up here, or if I should pm you, or what. Actually I'll do this. I'll just post up the album they're in. They're kind of out of order so you just have to look through them. I was going to install a H/O alt in this album but it turned out it wasn't the right one so the oem had to go back in. I never did change it out and while I still have the car, I'm in the process of selling it. But this will give you an idea of what you can do for wiring. Also in this album was an Optima Yellow Top battery. I changed it out for a Kinetik HC1800 later on. Tight fit, but it fit!

Here you go, any questions just hit me up!

http://s231.photobuc...d%20Alternator/

ill have to give it a look over tomorrow.. girlfriend has me tired up tonight haha.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

• 1 month later...

decided to try out a new song that alphasig had in his truck.

slowed it down to fit my tuning..

and a spider decided to crawl up onto my car, right on the roof. he was flipping and shit before i could get the camera up on him, when i got the camera up on him he decided to do nothing.

video will be up in about 11 minutes.

whenever youtube is done with it, heres the link

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Bullshit.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

No fair. That's a jumping spider.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

very true.. i was trying to blow him to the center of the roof.. he was bouncing a good inch or so on 28/32 volume..

too bad i need the car at 2k rpm to get full tilt :/

fucking altttttttttttttttt.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Get yourself a throttle regulator ;)

Nice vid BTW

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived