Jump to content

Forum or is it an Encyclopedia


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've asked questions on here that have likely been answered 100+ times and got nothing but polite, constructive answers. Just don't sound like a douche and at least try to use some proper grammar and it's all good.

obviously theres people on both sides of the fence those who are scolded and those who get nice simple answers. quick fact people who have bad experiences with something tell twice as many people about there experience vs those who have good ones. bad experiences hurt business so if bad experiences are eliminated business will theorectially get better

Posted

In all honesty, I have only been in the car audio world for a little over a year and most of the time I learn from SMD, even before I was active and I was just a creeper on here with a 0-post count :P I would say that I have learned a LOT since then and it's just by getting insight on post that I will put out there like "can I shove 2 18's in my trunkz?"

a lot of people want to know everything when they don't even know how to wire their subs in parallel or series.... honestly I think that they should just be focusing on the basics before anything else.

So if SMD is as bad as you think it is then it has failed me greatly and I haven't learned anything from browsing this site.

Posted

Definitely missing the point. 99% of questions get thoughtful answers.

It's the 1% of stupid questions that are just plain damn laziness on the OPs part that get told to go to the search bar.

If you stick around for long enough you'll see where we're coming from.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

I've asked questions on here that have likely been answered 100+ times and got nothing but polite, constructive answers. Just don't sound like a douche and at least try to use some proper grammar and it's all good.

EXACTLY!!! don't act like a jackass, act intelligent and respectful, and you will get respectful answer

when people post their vs threads too then I will usually give my opinion and try to do it before it gets locked. I was going to suggest to you to go with one of your "super subs" but it was locked before I could post

Posted

You are missing the point bro. It's immaterial how many times the question has been asked. The reason people get pissed off is due to the lack of initiative on the OP part. Why should we give information out if you are unwilling to search it out on your own. I'm talking about some of the simplest concepts too. When I was new I read all the stickies, did some research, and only when I hit a wall did I ask for help. This is the mindset newcomers need to have.

People always have this sense of immediacy when it comes to their builds too. "well I just want it in my car and playing;" or "I don't want to take the time to learn how it works" ; and that my friend will chapp alot of asses. Mine included. We have a serious passion for this hobby and some of us spend months researching before we buy a single piece of equipment. Can you begin to see why there would be a little resentment to the whole "spoon fed approach?"

I personally learned what I know from searching, i love doing it, i research everything for months before making a decision. I like to consume all info that I can before making a choice its just the way I am. I see it as planting a seed when i give out info getting other people involved in what i like so that I know there will always be some one i can talk to about my hobbies thats just me tho

In all honesty, I have only been in the car audio world for a little over a year and most of the time I learn from SMD, even before I was active and I was just a creeper on here with a 0-post count :P I would say that I have learned a LOT since then and it's just by getting insight on post that I will put out there like "can I shove 2 18's in my trunkz?"

a lot of people want to know everything when they don't even know how to wire their subs in parallel or series.... honestly I think that they should just be focusing on the basics before anything else.

So if SMD is as bad as you think it is then it has failed me greatly and I haven't learned anything from browsing this site.

I NEVER SAID SMD IS A BAD FORUM, IVE LEARNED A GREAT DEAL FROM HERE, but not every one is a computer nerd like my self who enjoys spending hours on the computer looking at stuff to spend money on.

Posted

EXAMPLE.

if i was brand new and never knew anything about car audio and i came in here and asked what ga. wire to run for my first amp

I would be scolded and ran away from the forum.

Aftermath: I never purchase anything and never engage in the hobby, thats a loss of interest in the hobby by exponetial numbers

am i right or wrong

Posted

yea well you hate people who flame noobs for not using the search button....we hate people who make stupid ass threads to raise there post count

Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

Posted

yea well you hate people who flame noobs for not using the search button....we hate people who make stupid ass threads to raise there post count

Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

i can care less about post count, i dont need to be a reputable person here, im here to search out things to make my system better and promote the hobby to the people that i am around every day who know nothing about a quality running system. Ensuring that ill always have someone to talk to about my audio

Posted

HERES MY LAST POST

BOTTOM LINE - MEAN REPLIES TO POSTS HURT THE HOBBY

to keep the hobby you guys are passionate about be kind and pay it forward plain and simple

thanks for you guys' time and reading my pov and opinions WHETHER YOU ACCEPT/RESPECT IT OR NOT

ill still continue to be creeper on the thread, learning more and more as you guys post so keep up the good work and attempt to limit the mean replies

Posted

Questions are fine to a point but let me give you some food for thought.

You go and ask a question that has been asked 40 times and can be answered with 10 seconds worth of searching. Now why should someone that has spent 20 years in the industry just hand that info over at the drop of a question when they spent a lot of their of their own time and probably money to learn how to do what it takes to answer that question? The ones on forums that have a wealth of knowledge and can be a great tool of knowledge dont usually just hand over info on a whim and its because of how much effort they had to put in them selves to learn what they know.

The newbies that want everything handed to them need to learn to figure shit out on their own to instead of having everything handed to them like they have all become so accustomed to in this day and age. The info wasnt just handed to us so why should it just be handed over to the newest generation of lazy people?

kandi said it best.

So i'll quote your last thread and address your complaint since I was the one who closed it.

" Need help select subs to use in my new setup. Which should I go with 4 15" L7s sealed at 2 cu. ft eah or 2 super subs sealed at 4 cu ft each (FI BTL, DD9515, SMD15, etc). Amp Sundown 3500d. "

Your question was weak in content to the point where your thread would only get clouded with brand nuthuggers stating their no real experience ideas of what you should run. How do I know this? Only seen it more times then I care to count. Did you know this when posting? Maybe not. But if you have been lurking for as long as you say you have, then you have seen your fair share of bullshit threads like this.

You are looking to see what you should go with with the widest range of gear you could possibly choose. Really? so you are going to compare the L7 to the SMD? Really. Right. Not only was your post an unrealistic this vs that, but then you didn't even take the time to understand what type of box you should run with said brands.

So why should I take my time to not only choose a sub ( that in my guess you wouldn't get anyway) AND THEN take the time to explain what kind of box those said subs should really be in? Hell you didn't even give us a size sub to work with. How about your car their going in? Come on bro, at least TRY to educate yourself in the products you want to know about. And then give us some real info to work from Nothing wrong with asking for design help if you had actually came on here and had some REAL info to back up your design concerns. If you want real help, Ask some real questions. Help us help you. More then a few of us have spent countless hours helping members on here over the years.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9303 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...