Second Skin Audio

Two 12's for my 2K?

Tim Lam

It would be an easy decision if it were mine. But as previously mentioned, neither of those subs will let you down. They're both built very well, and will both handle the power well(unclipped). Ive heard both in person and they both get loud and sound great doing it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do the fi ssd and sa like similar boxes?

Also you do not have to put full rated power to a sub to get a big difference out of it. A lot of subs in my experience do well on less than rated and not any different when overpowered.

Like say you do not need to put 1000 rms of power to a 1000rms sub when you can get it to sound its loudest like on 750, depending on the sub because some want more than rated but most will be like i said.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Also you do not have to put full rated power to a sub to get a big difference out of it. A lot of subs in my experience do well on less than rated and not any different when overpowered.

Like say you do not need to put 1000 rms of power to a 1000rms sub when you can get it to sound its loudest like on 750, depending on the sub because some want more than rated but most will be like i said.

what.

how will a 1000w sub sound the loudest at 750w?

what.

magick.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

well my baby bc2k just got installed the second it hit my front porch an hour ago.

its kind of sad hearing it at 2 ohms when it's only at half its potential:(.

need to get that damn extra battery! and money for MDF and 0awg:/

but other than those worries, i think i have my mind set on some certain 12" subs;)

SA-12's, fi SSD, or new Type R's what i would do, have 2 of the type R's in my room now they look good.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

what.

Dude reading comprehension, it always depends on the sub like i said. Here it goes again for you.

A lot of people think you HAVE to put 1000 watts to a sub rated at 1000 rms to get the ABSOLUTE most out of it but that is not true in MOST cases depending on sub.

You could put that 750 and then try 1000 rms and you will hear no step up in sound when its just 250 rms difference.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Ive got 1 skar 12 on my saz-1500. It takes it all day, wired at 2 ohms, i'd say gettin about 900 watts rms to the sub, and it takes it no problem. Any of the brands listed will suit your needs, but i would stay away from the type r's personally. so much better can be bought for the same price or less

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Archived