Too small for her hole?

i mean tbh, i ran the same exact set up with a MRP-M1000 and never had any problems.

but i see where you're coming from SlamminSL1

I feel you, and it can be done. But is it safe and will it provide optimal power? Hell no.

I feel like your missing the part where he states he is running 1100 at 2ohm not 2250 at 1ohm.

1100wrms. 4 gauge if its OFC and true to spec can handle 150amps. RF t1500 takes 4gauge..much more power than the 1100 + he is putting out. So yeah he might not be running the same size wire as his amp inputs...but for the power he is running the 10inches of 4gauge is fine. He could even fuse at 120 or 150. I would be surprised to see a difference if he eventually switches to 0gauge for that 10 inch run.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Oh... Pardon me. I must be in the wrong thread. I thought we were talking about this:

deb838dc.jpg

Carry on gents!

I see what you did there. :rofl:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

I understand what he's running. I also understand that he's running two amplifiers on one distroblock with no fuses after it.

What I don't understand is why yall are telling him that he should totally install his expensive amplifier on inadequate wiring.

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

I understand what he's running. I also understand that he's running two amplifiers on one distroblock with no fuses after it.

What I don't understand is why yall are telling him that he should totally install his expensive amplifier on inadequate wiring.

Whats inadequate about the 4gauge? Provides more than enough current for him running at 2ohms. The single run of 1/0 is more than sufficient for his other amp and the BC2k. Please explain..and provide the math...

Also...

Just so people dont misinterpret my suggestion. Im not saying run the bc2k at 1ohm on 4gauge. Definitely will need the 0/1....and yeah overkill electrical is ALWAYS nice. But the simple fact is....he asked if he can get away with the 4gauge. The answer is yes...its more than adequate to supply the 100amps or so that he is going to need. His setup is adequate with the 0/1 to the distro block and 8gauge to the other amplifer. Not overkill but enough.

You dont need a bunch of runs of 0/1 for every install. Is overkill electrical nice to have?yes....Is it necessary? No

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Hey, I'm not going to start busting out calculations to prove to you that it isn't smart to run two powerful amps off of one run of 0. It's common sense that you don't do shit like that.

Would you try to run your whole house off of one outlet and one extension cord? No, because it's ridiculous. Shit, now try to run your whole house off of one fuse, might as well huh?

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

Whats inadequate about the 4gauge? Provides more than enough current for him running at 2ohms. The single run of 1/0 is more than sufficient for his other amp and the BC2k. Please explain..and provide the math...

Also...

Just so people dont misinterpret my suggestion. Im not saying run the bc2k at 1ohm on 4gauge. Definitely will need the 0/1....and yeah overkill electrical is ALWAYS nice. But the simple fact is....he asked if he can get away with the 4gauge. The answer is yes...its more than adequate to supply the 100amps or so that he is going to need. His setup is adequate with the 0/1 to the distro block and 8gauge to the other amplifer. Not overkill but enough.

You dont need a bunch of runs of 0/1 for every install. Is overkill electrical nice to have?yes....Is it necessary? No

/thread

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Hey, I'm not going to start busting out calculations to prove to you that it isn't smart to run two powerful amps off of one run of 0. It's common sense that you don't do shit like that.

Would you try to run your whole house off of one outlet and one extension cord? No, because it's ridiculous. Shit, now try to run your whole house off of one fuse, might as well huh?

Because calculations show its fine and he still has headroom. Even if he cheaped out and got some Knukoncepts 0/1 KCA cable he would still be fine. Rated at 250 amps. Even if his 2 channel was 1000watts rms..(Doubt it because he is running 8 gauge)....his 0/1 cable would still be able to handle that.

So quick to jump on everyone asking why they are giving him advice. Do a little math in your head. And your analogy is crap. He is not running 20ft of 4gauge to a distro with tons of outputs on it. A run of 0/1 to two short runs...one 8 one 4 gauge..PERFECTLY fine. Just because it isnt overkill like most peoples electrical doesn't make it wrong. He doesnt need 2 runs of 0/1 for 1xxx watts

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

That bc2k at 2 ohms isn't gonna pull more than what... 100 amps draw even say on a burp? The second amp isn't likely too pull 100 amps itself. Even if it did 200 amps draw altogether is still a safe enough load for 1 run. Which it wont. Music = dynamic. You don't need to "bust out calculations"... You can do that shit in your head.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I think people have missed my point, and I apologize for not being clear. All I guess I'm trying to say is, why isn't the real issue being addressed that OP is running a single run of 0ga, which yes, is absolutely suitable for the amount of amperage he will use with music OR burps, but he's running his amplifiers off probably a generic distro with allen studs. Non fused to top it all off... People should be telling him to ditch the distroblock and throw in a battery and some fuses first.

24532383.jpg

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub