Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

what kind of electrical you have jlh2003? I am trying to get an idea what i need, i am going to be running a bc5500. So far I picked up the 280 singer alt yesterday and got 2 runs done. stopping by knukonceptz tomorrow and pickin up wire for another run of positive and 2 runs of negative. hopefully buying some c&d batts locally just don't know how many i need

what kind of electrical you have jlh2003? I am trying to get an idea what i need, i am going to be running a bc5500. So far I picked up the 280 singer alt yesterday and got 2 runs done. stopping by knukonceptz tomorrow and pickin up wire for another run of positive and 2 runs of negative. hopefully buying some c&d batts locally just don't know how many i need

EA 225a alt, 2+ runs 1/0, d3400 & d3100, 2- chassis grounds per battery... Got a batcap 4000 I add sometimes for daily use since I compete in IASCA and the classes I run are limited to two total batteries.

Singer 280a for what car?

EA 225a alt, 2+ runs 1/0, d3400 & d3100, 2- chassis grounds per battery... Got a batcap 4000 I add sometimes for daily use since I compete in IASCA and the classes I run are limited to two total batteries.

Alt is for 2006 Honda civic si. And how much power you running exactly with what kind of voltage drops? Thanks

Alt is for 2006 Honda civic si. And how much power you running exactly with what kind of voltage drops? Thanks

Gotcha, k20 vs sucky R18.... 7K just for subs and prob another 1k for mids and Highs... Look back a few post I mentioned voltage numbers

Here's some insight thanks Matt@Mechman:

Jonathan-

They have machined a billet front housing with the required bolt pattern for the civic, that accepts large case Denso internals.  The unit is essentially exactly the same as our 250 amp “Idle-Max” units that we offer for full size trucks.  We could build the exact same thing, we just have not had enough interest in that application to justify the additional time and expense of designing and machining a billet housing for that vehicle.  For most people,  the 240 amp unit is sufficient, and is very popular due to the lower $449 price tag.  The 240 amp unit that we offer performs well all the way down to 600 engine rpm.

We can build a 320 amp unit for that application for $499, but it will not make very much current below 800 engine RPM.  Our 320 amp unit makes 140 amps by 900 engine RPM, full output by 1800 rpm.  Like DC’s unit, ours uses 6 phase hairpins stator technology, and has twin internal rectifiers with 12 press fit diodes.  Ours is just a little bit smaller, and makes a lot more peak power, so it doesn’t quite have the low RPM grunt of the DC unit.  It would essentially be the same internals as in DJ’s 320 amp universals. 

Regards,

Matthew Young

(865)522-6166 ext 204

[email protected]

Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 11:03 PM

To: [email protected]

Cc: [email protected]

Subject: 8thgen civic alt question

a few of us 8thgen civic guys have been trying to understand some things about the various company's making alt for our cars, (EA, DC, Mechman, Singer)

We are curious how DC Power can make a 250a and 270a alternator but almost every other company only makes them in the 170-225a range, including mechman....

Just curious trying to understand how one company can make it so big but the other 3-4 big name companies cant, I've yet to see or hear anyone who has the DC power 250 or 270a unit, here is the two i am referring to: https://www.dcpowerinc.com/high-output-alternators/xp-series-high-output-alternators.html?make=Honda&model=Civic&year=2006&engine=1.8L+I4+R18A

We are just curious and want to get a better understanding

thanks

--

-Jonathan

Team Nemesis

Team XS Power

Team Second Skin

Team Sundown Audio

320amp o.o

And they have a 240???..... For $449??

Guys at ea got back to me, said 300a with mods. No price was given.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

320amp o.o

And they have a 240???..... For $449??

Guys at ea got back to me, said 300a with mods. No price was given.

yep, straight from matt, his contact info is Matthew Young [email protected]

That's who I got a hold of.

Shit if he woulda told me he had 240 in the factory housing.... That mounts to factory mounts.. That's pretty nice lol.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived