Second Skin Audio

Chrysler 300 trunk build help

I found a good deal on a chrysler 300, so I am going to be buying it next week. I've been thinking about the build and need some help. Everyone I talk to says it's best to fire the subs forward and seal them off. My question is, would I be better doing 2 10's forward firing or two 12's or even 15's facing the trunk? I kind of like the idea of being able to seal off the back of the box if i face them forward giving it a more factory look. But will 2 10's facing forward be close to as loud as 2 15's facing the hatch? The subs will be sundown sa series tuned to 28 hz aero ported by the way. Thanks!

edit: will only be running them off an arc audio ks 1000.1bx for now. so only 500w per sub.

Edited by BanginHoe92

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I found a good deal on a chrysler 300, so I am going to be buying it next week. I've been thinking about the build and need some help. Everyone I talk to says it's best to fire the subs forward and seal them off. My question is, would I be better doing 2 10's forward firing or two 12's or even 15's facing the trunk? I kind of like the idea of being able to seal off the back of the box if i face them forward giving it a more factory look. But will 2 10's facing forward be close to as loud as 2 15's facing the hatch? The subs will be sundown sa series tuned to 28 hz aero ported by the way. Thanks!

edit: will only be running them off an arc audio ks 1000.1bx for now. so only 500w per sub.

Get the max dims of the trunk, kind of hard to fit 2 15's in a trunk but if it can be done right I'd probably go for it.

will do. I will try to find them online. The car I'm getting is about 3 hours away. Just waiting for the bank to get paperwork done.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

No other input on this?

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Bump for some help

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

15's will be hard to fit unless it has a monster opening.. because you will need to account for both subs and the port being on the same face and obvi running bigger subs requires more air space in turn requiring more port area.. 10s will fit no prob and 2 12's fit in every car i ever owned facing forward. but 15's will take some work if i had to take a guess idk maybe the 300 has a huge trunk opening.

facing back its possible i wouldnt doubt two 15's.. sometimes cramming subs in a trunk though isnt ideal..

and facing forward only works if its SUPER sealed.. otherwise itll be louder in different configurations most of the time..

and gettign the best seal usually means using expanding foam or other not so neat procedures, being a new car idk if you wanna do that?

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

2 12's would be real nice .. 2 15's and u are looking at least 6cuft ... the 12's 4cuft .. if u really want a 15 then just one ... plus 2 12's will be louder then 2 10's and one 15"

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

well if i could do 15's, it would definitely be facing the back. I just like the sound of forward facing a lot better. but I don't think 12's will fit forward facing since the opening isn't there. That's where I can't decide if i want 10's sealed off or 12's facing the back.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike