i am running a dc audio 3.5k and keep blowing fuses when i go for my run.

This would probably disqualify you but, You could just compensate with battery reserve (like 10-15 big batts), fuse between the front battery and the rear bank, then don't fuse between the rear bank and the amp. The fuse will go fairly quick but the battery bank in back will let you play longer without the alt helping. Problem is, it's not safe, you would really have to watch voltage, and they may frown on the no fuse between 10-15 batteries and the amp. I am not familiar with the meca rules so like i said, you may get dq'ed for something like that.

Class 4 and below require fuse(s).... 18" or shorter between amp and batt

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

do they have a limit on batteries though? keeping better voltage at the smaller amperage the fuse can handle might still buy you a few second. besides that the only thing i can think of is starting at a lower volume and crank it up right as the timer starts. or as they already said roll into it and look into different brand fuses. check out the other competitors in your class that dont have that same issue and see what they are doing for fusing might give you some ideas

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

quick question OP...you dont happen to compete in the effingham illinois shows do you?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

quick question OP...you dont happen to compete in the effingham illinois shows do you?

Yes i do compete in effingham i am going to try running two fuses and see if i helps. When i run i am running at .25ohms im i s3 class im running two 15" dc audio,s with a 3.5 dc audio amp im going to try to lower my volume and role to gain knob up and see what happens hopping to hold longer and get a better reading

Archived