So I recieved this over a week ago, and even on my build log, still dragging. Just wanted to post up here really quick. I believe the box could be built better, I can play with authority up to my tuning point. I can play any note below my tuning, just not with any authority. I am running it off of a MB Quart FX1.600 and have it set up so that +11 on sub level is 400 watts, +13 is 500 and +15 is 600. I know that amp does not put out rated so I really never touch +15. I have only had one set up prior to this, but I had it for a very long time and learned a lot from it, and from that set, I believe this sub can take a tad bit more power if it really wanted to. The cone gets a tiny bit warm at times, but I believe if done properly and watched, this sub can take just under 1k without any issues. Overall, I love it! Will definetely attempt another box to get a better output from it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

give it 3.5 cubicfeet of air and tune between 32 and 35 hz with 14 sqin of port per cubes and they get nasty i love mine . my box is 7.63 cubes after displacment of subs and port tuned to 32.35 hz its a lil over sized but it plays the lows with authority im thinking of adding some wood inside to bring it down to 7 cubes and tuned to 33 hz but they are loud heres a vid

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

looks like you need a little more power teardrop. You think two of these would handle a apsm 1500.1 in a 6 cube box, tuned roughly 28-31 hz

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

28 hz might be to low for thses but i think they could handle a 1500 watt amp in a 7 cube box if your careful and tune the amp right

They should be able to handle that no problem, just watch them. I finally got the top baffle on my box, sounds a lot better just from that. Seems like I can only play with authority to my tuning frequency. Anything below is a bit less.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm