Second Skin Audio

BOX BUILD HELP!! ALPINE TYPE R SWR 12D4 2012

alenv10

i was just going off the recomended port area Alpine gave out. i knew it seemed really small :P they actually suggested a 12.5 in^2 port area.

and just looking at it i did do the bracing wrong -_- it was late last night. i forgot to account for the height, so that's area of bracing not volume.

and i converted it from in^3 to ft^3 wrong.

and port area is not choked. the 45 in the corner makes sure it never drops below 1" around the corner. but that 45 would be really hard to do.....

wouldn't it be better to just leave out the 45 in the port even though it doesn't keep it as constant cause it's such a small port?

and what would you suggest for a port area? i haven't built enough boxes to be able to figure out good numbers myself for that.

playing around with it, a 1.5in wide port would put it within recommended area by torres' box tuning calc.

if you guys think that's good then i can go redo the model.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

i was just going off the recomended port area Alpine gave out. i knew it seemed really small :P they actually suggested a 12.5 in^2 port area.

and just looking at it i did do the bracing wrong -_- it was late last night. i forgot to account for the height, so that's area of bracing not volume.

and i converted it from in^3 to ft^3 wrong.

and port area is not choked. the 45 in the corner makes sure it never drops below 1" around the corner. but that 45 would be really hard to do.....

wouldn't it be better to just leave out the 45 in the port even though it doesn't keep it as constant cause it's such a small port?

and what would you suggest for a port area? i haven't built enough boxes to be able to figure out good numbers myself for that.

playing around with it, a 1.5in wide port would put it within recommended area by torres' box tuning calc.

if you guys think that's good then i can go redo the model.

The other issue there is the the height of the port, can't be 15" it has to be 13.5" which further reduces port area, and I know you went by Alpine specs not really your bad, many companies suggest very tight boxes so you want to buy their subs making you think it will work well on a tiny box.

Since it's tight, yes getting rid of the 45s is what I would do, on the port area just go above 12 square inches per cube while trying to stay around 1.7 cubes on net volume, if you add a 45 in the port turn then also slant or round the inner corner, that way the 45 is big enough or it will be very difficult to cut.

Oh ok, so right now i have it at 13.5 X 1.5 por dim

does that sound good enough?

it's barely within recommended. and ugh i keep forgetting small stuff :P

anyways the port area is now like 20.25 and i'm gonna adjust the module

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

alright, here's the updated design.

typer3.gif

and boox V2:

sketch4.gif

sketch5.gif

let me know what ya think.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I went ahead and took a shot at a box for ya.

Here's what I came up with in Torres

Torresscreenshot.png

And then for Sketchup

BoxDimensions.png

alenboxtopnolid.png

alenboxfront.png

Hope this helps!

p.s. What vehicle is this going in?

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

alright so i put both our boxes (Rustler and me) into winISP and here's the box gain for them.

Rustler's is the yellow and mine is the pink. so i guess it's really just what you're looking for in you're box

graph.gif

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Thanks a lot guys, but i havent been on cuzz i decided since i found a gti mk4 that i always wanted im just going to buy that!!

I have a 15 inch Obsidian Audio D4 im going to put in there on 800 rms, that will be perfect system for me. If you guys are interested i post some pics up next week

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

Archived