Second Skin Audio

New Sub?

SPEER419

Guest Nismofreak

Jeremiah Ledgerwood does high 146's on a single HDC312 in his 4 door exploder on 1500 watts, db drag style on the windshield metered with the TL. 1.8 net cubes tuned at 34 Hz. Same vehicle, smaller sub, over 3.5 db louder.

Sounded great on music with the same set up.

no fucken way. Meter was broken.

Jeremiah Ledgerwood does high 146's on a single HDC312 in his 4 door exploder on 1500 watts, db drag style on the windshield metered with the TL. 1.8 net cubes tuned at 34 Hz. Same vehicle, smaller sub, over 3.5 db louder.

Sounded great on music with the same set up.

Proof? Not saying it didn't happen but that is really loud for 1 rather inexpensive 15. If 1 is doing high 146's then everyone would have them.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Guest Nismofreak

Proof? Not saying it didn't happen but that is really loud for 1 rather inexpensive 15. If 1 is doing high 146's then everyone would have them.

probably a 136 not a 146. Impossible

no fucken way. Meter was broken.

I can assure you the meter was not broken and was calibrated; We did the test several times in my shop on a brand new woofer right out of the box. The same vehicle with 4 HD312's set the world record year before last in USACI SB3 at 157.1 (30 second average on music)

Guest Nismofreak

I can assure you the meter was not broken and was calibrated; We did the test several times in my shop on a brand new woofer right out of the box. The same vehicle with 4 HD312's set the world record year before last in USACI SB3 at 157.1 (30 second average on music)

get some proof. Not on 1,500rms...no way no way

why no way? my Q was on roughly 900 watts and its not even a spl sub and was a daily driver setup. In a 4 door explorer as well.

My friends Q, 18 off 1200ish is in the 147s

And my old MX was a 149 sealed on the dash

why no way? my Q was on roughly 900 watts and its not even a spl sub and was a daily driver setup. In a 4 door explorer as well.

My friends Q, 18 off 1200ish is in the 147s

And my old MX was a 149 sealed on the dash

Jeremiah does a lot of field testing for Audioque products. He is a very well know and respected competitor in both dbdrag and USACI. He has also set world records in other venues. His credibility is well established.

We were testing the AQHD312D2 copper coil, the HDC312D2 Aluminum 8 layer FW coil and the HDC312D2 copper coil. The testing was done at various power levels using both a single DDM1a amp(1200 rated watts@1ohm@ 14.4 volts) and on a pair of DDM1a amps. The actual "clamped power @ 3 ohm load was 625 watts per amp.

The highest score, 147.7, was done on a "broken in" HDC312D2 with copper coils with the pair of DDM1a amps @ 1250-1500 estimated ACTUAL watts to the sub. I did not mention the 149.9 because the D2 copper coil was on a pre-production model which becomes available in late Feb early March. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272429

Jeremiah does a lot of field testing for Audioque products. He is a very well know and respected competitor in both dbdrag and USACI. He has also set world records in other venues. His credibility is well established.

We were testing the AQHD312D2 copper coil, the HDC312D2 Aluminum 8 layer FW coil and the HDC312D2 copper coil. The testing was done at various power levels using both a single DDM1a amp(1200 rated watts@1ohm@ 14.4 volts) and on a pair of DDM1a amps. The actual "clamped power @ 3 ohm load was 625 watts per amp.

The highest score, 147.7, was done on a "broken in" HDC312D2 with copper coils with the pair of DDM1a amps @ 1250-1500 estimated ACTUAL watts to the sub. I did not mention the 149.7 because the D2 copper coil was on a pre-production model which becomes available in late Feb early March. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272429

i wasnt ever saying he didnt, but just for clarification was this on music?

The 157.1 on the four 10's in SB3 was on music if you can call it that (30 seconds on music CD) the 147.7 was on a 48Hz note

Archived