Sonic Electronix

I forgot to mention that the other sub is working fine and never had a problem like this.

editeddddd-1.jpg

It can pivot on the metal thing circled in white.

The terminals circled in blue connect to other terminals on the opposite side of the sub.

The terminals circled in red ( the ones Im having the problem with, specifically the negative terminal) are connected to the sub box terminals that connect to the amp.

tinsel leads look dark what is the gain on the rockford

check ground on the amp make sure its secure and there is no paint where it is bolted down

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Do you have a DMM around? what does it read at the amp terminals?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Those connections tend to rock a bit side to side. Finding one that will fit tight and not move around is hard to come by. If you have a multi meter (digital or analog) check the resistance on the tinsel leads (the wires that attach to the rear of the terminals that go to the inner area of the sub where the spider assembly is). Check and tell us the resistance it reads. Then try to do that but with the multi meter connected to the spade terminal on the speaker and wiggle the tinsel leads around one at a time. If you get a reading that changes then you have a loose tinsel connection and may just need to solder the wire back onto the terminal to fix it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress