DC Sound Lab

this may have been answered before, maybe even 1,000 times, but i can't find an answer that is definite.

i have 2 blown m1 level 2 8s on the way. I have read the difference between m1 and m2 is the spacers, and that the 8s didn't get a motor upgrade. (i don't know if this is completely true)

If this is true, couldn't i order a couple m2 recones, spacers, and longer screws, and they would be m2 8s.

If not, what else is different.

Also, could a dealer pm me a price on these recones, d4

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

this may have been answered before, maybe even 1,000 times, but i can't find an answer that is definite.

i have 2 blown m1 level 2 8s on the way. I have read the difference between m1 and m2 is the spacers, and that the 8s didn't get a motor upgrade. (i don't know if this is completely true)

If this is true, couldn't i order a couple m2 recones, spacers, and longer screws, and they would be m2 8s.

the m1 motors work with all m2 recones, like 99.9% sure. why dont you email ana, and she will email you back promptly.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The 8's were always m2. They were never made in m1 from what I've heard.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

the m1 motors work with all m2 recones, like 99.9% sure. why dont you email ana, and she will email you back promptly.

who, is ana, and what is her email address.

and loudpursuit- i know looking at the 2, the m1 has the basket attached directly to the motor, and the m2 has spacers (1/2inch i think)

there are 2 motor designs, one with just a pole vent, the other has the 6 vents and the pole vent, and the basket like he said might be spaced differently.

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/

and loudpursuit- i know looking at the 2, the m1 has the basket attached directly to the motor, and the m2 has spacers (1/2inch i think)

[email protected]

there are 2 motor designs, one with just a pole vent, the other has the 6 vents and the pole vent, and the basket like he said might be spaced differently.

from what i am reading, the m2 8 also only has 1 motor vent, and it is all the other sizes that got the upgraded motor cooling in that manner.

[email protected]

thank you, i will email immediately