After the car wash yesterday, I looked closely over the entire car and noticed there are swirls in the clearcoat and quite a few small, light scratches. Not bad for a three year old car, but I want to restore it to like new. Who do I take it to? I googled auto detailers, but they only clean the car really well.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

wet sand , buff , and then wax . i think the wet sanding and buffing is also refered to as color sanding , it really flattens out the paint job and smoothes things out takes care of orange peel and other issues wet sand and buff usually makes a paint job look better than new , so long as all the paint is there and you don't have any deep scrathes . it is a lot of work and very easy to fuck up due the shapes of body panels and sharp edges want to burn through the paint if you don't finess the buffer or stay away from the edges while sanding.

might be able to get away with buffing it out with some rubbing compound .

for your car Ken, i think you could just use some mothers scratch remover on the areas, and just get some good swirl remover/ wax, and a bunch of elbow grease.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

yes clay bar it before the swirl remover. and i have had really good luck with, mothers, meguiars, and 3m swirl removers. just lots of elbow grease. and if you cant get the scratches, and swirls out, at least you only spent maybe $20 or so..

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

body shops will do the color sanding and buffing , a freind of mine had a car done a few years ago along with a couple small body repairs and it was like $600 .color sanding would make it look like glass , but really just a buff would clean it up nice .an auto detailer i used to work for around here will buff a car , surpised none of the auto detailers you talked to offered to buff and wax

yes clay bar it before the swirl remover. and i have had really good luck with, mothers, meguiars, and 3m swirl removers. just lots of elbow grease. and if you cant get the scratches, and swirls out, at least you only spent maybe $20 or so..

I only use Meguiars stuff. And you're right, it can't hurt it any more than it already is. Might make a day of it Sunday.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ford paint jobs suck.

Thanks for the completely irrelevant post. I'd appreciate you staying out of my threads, you always post mindless or negative bullshit.

Oh yeah, block list.

I have a ford lightning, waxed it every week, garaged it since new, 50k miles, and the thing has a peeling clear coat, same thing happened to my ford probe, so it was relevant.