Sonic Electronix

if worse comes to worse, the amp is probably going bad. planet audio isn't really known for quality amps.

Yeah i know the amp isnt great lol and i was thionking thatt too if there was a problem somewhere or the amp was just broken and a piece of junk lol

check your voice coils. I had same problem occasionally and it was because I did a shitty job at soldering my recone, so the solder broke and it was shorting out and going into protect when it would move enough.

Check all wiring cause something is grounding out, it might be at the speaker or it might be at the amp or on the terminal between the amp and sub and just make sure you have no strands of wire touching anything. If everything else checks out then your amp might be taking a crap on you.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i had the same problem not to long ago. i had a strand or 2 of my power grounding out on my amp causing it to go into protect after vol 5 or 6

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk