Second Skin Audio

Sealed or Ported

Melus33

Just a thought but you should try a t-line with say an ascendant audio havoc or a fi q and see if you like the results I had a t-line in my 92 civic with 2 dd 1508s and I was surprised at the sq and the pressure it could produce.

And I'm a die hard sq nut! I run arc se amps with a hybrid focal krx3 setup up front and as of right. Now I'm making the choice of switching from dd to ascendant for the chores of my low end sq needs! But t-line was my first step into "ported" enclosures and buy far my favorite! Everything before that was sealed and wow what a difference!

the best sq i can work out with the T1 is 3.1net @22hz isobaric

I'd be interested in seeing this one in action ...

I decided to do some test boxes. I am thinking about building sealed, 35hz, 30hz. Still trying to decide. Anyone ever see adjustable ports before? Thought about building it so more port can be added to the outside of the enclosure.

test some in the lower 20s also ... might suprise you

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Just a thought but you should try a t-line with say an ascendant audio havoc or a fi q and see if you like the results I had a t-line in my 92 civic with 2 dd 1508s and I was surprised at the sq and the pressure it could produce.

And I'm a die hard sq nut! I run arc se amps with a hybrid focal krx3 setup up front and as of right. Now I'm making the choice of switching from dd to ascendant for the chores of my low end sq needs! But t-line was my first step into "ported" enclosures and buy far my favorite! Everything before that was sealed and wow what a difference!

Double post !!!

Ha ha ... Welcome to SMD

I've never seen a t-line in Sound Quality competition, but sounds like a cool idea if you can keep it low tuned and sound corectly, just not sure how it would work with all sub bass frequiencies being tuned to get very low and be able to hold higher blending notes at the same time ... Sounds like it would be interesting to try out ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

hes brought 4x rf T1 12", a T-line for them would be so large is stupid, and he has toooo much power for that,

What would you suggest? Thinking about a regular slot. I was going to do 2 per enclosure. Didn't buy the T1's yet, but I have my 2 T10001bds, and 2 T4004s.

my opinion if your after a pure sq set, dont wast you money on the T1 there a spl sub that sound clean doing it, but cant achieve a flat response for a pure sq setup,

dont no what you have a far as front stage setup, but youll need a bigger amp up there to keep up, with anything pushing 2k in the rear

with 2x amp pushing 1k each, idd separate chamber common port, and only 2 subs (not 4)

depending on space, either 2x fiQ15 or 2x fiQ18

here's some info on them and there options

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15502db43628d9e/shopdata/0070_Tech/0070_Speakers/0030_Tech.Q/product_overview.shopscript

• 2 weeks later...

my opinion if your after a pure sq set, dont wast you money on the T1 there a spl sub that sound clean doing it, but cant achieve a flat response for a pure sq setup,

dont no what you have a far as front stage setup, but youll need a bigger amp up there to keep up, with anything pushing 2k in the rear

with 2x amp pushing 1k each, idd separate chamber common port, and only 2 subs (not 4)

depending on space, either 2x fiQ15 or 2x fiQ18

here's some info on them and there options

https://ssl.perfora....view.shopscript

Not sure what I am doing for a front stage yet. I have 2 T4004 and a couple other amps.

Archived