Upgrade Big 3, Alternator, Battery?

I am going to purchase an Fi Q 12 and also a Sundown saz 1500dv2 for the amplifier. my car is a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe and as far as I know it has stock wiring and battery at this point. I'm wondering what would be best to upgrade to have my system run at its full potential? I was already thinking about getting a good deep cycle battery and upgrading the big 3, would a higher output alternator than my stock one be a good idea? Also if I do need to upgrade can someone point me in the right direction for a good battery and where to get good 1/0awg wire?

Well, at SMD you don't have to look very far! Mechman can fulfill your alternator needs, XS Power your battery needs, and CE Auto Electric Supply your Big 3 and cable needs - just click on the respective banners or visit the individual forums for more info!

CLICK to see our Big 3 Kits.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Well, at SMD you don't have to look very far! Mechman can fulfill your alternator needs, XS Power your battery needs, and CE Auto Electric Supply your Big 3 and cable needs - just click on the respective banners or visit the individual forums for more info!

CLICK to see our Big 3 Kits.

He pretty much summed it up. That's not that much power really. If you wanna play it kinda cheap do the big 3, knukonceptz 0 gauge to a secondary deep cycle battery, knu to the amp, and you should be good. With that amp and sub your stock alternator would be okay if you don't wanna buy another. Otherwise go mechman.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

I don't think anyone really read my post, but thank's for the suggestions guys. I guess to be more clear I wasn't planning on adding a second battery, just upgrading my current battery to a better one. The big 3 is something I will definitely do to prevent hurting the rest of my cars electrical systems. The HO alternator I would only do if necessary. With that in mind does anyone have a specific suggestion as to what would be a good deep cycle battery for running 1500 rms? I am very new to car audio and any help is appreciated.

Haha, the reason it seems like they didn't read it is because honestly, this is asked a lot. And they're pretty knowledgeable. For full potential, upgrade your battery, upgrade your wiring, and upgrade the alternator. I'd get a 2nd battery before the alternator but to each their own.

As for the battery, most people will recommend what Snafu said. XS batteries. On the right they have a vehicle fit guide, not sure how accurate, but it recommends a D925. I'm not sure (I'd ask others on here, or wait for them to chime in on this specifically) if that'd be enough without a HO alternator. May need a bigger battery or more batteries if you wanna do 1500 rms. I'm new to the audio world myself so that's why not sure. I'm here to learn and give some advice on what I do know.

Sheena = pedobear

Haha, the reason it seems like they didn't read it is because honestly, this is asked a lot. And they're pretty knowledgeable. For full potential, upgrade your battery, upgrade your wiring, and upgrade the alternator. I'd get a 2nd battery before the alternator but to each their own.

As for the battery, most people will recommend what Snafu said. XS batteries. On the right they have a vehicle fit guide, not sure how accurate, but it recommends a D925. I'm not sure (I'd ask others on here, or wait for them to chime in on this specifically) if that'd be enough without a HO alternator. May need a bigger battery or more batteries if you wanna do 1500 rms. I'm new to the audio world myself so that's why not sure. I'm here to learn and give some advice on what I do know.

Thanks for the input. I learned my stock alternator puts out 102 amps, so if anyone knowledgeable here can tell me if this will handle 1500 watts okay if I upgrade the big 3 and add a new battery?

I think you'd be fine. I'm at like 1200 watts I believe, (could be a little high or low), and stock everything except battery and I just have dimming lights when the bass hits and of course the volume up. So the big 3 does help a lot, so I'd think at worst? You'd have some dimming lights. But your alt is better (mine's like 90 amps) so should be fine.

Sheena = pedobear

I think you'd be fine. I'm at like 1200 watts I believe, (could be a little high or low), and stock everything except battery and I just have dimming lights when the bass hits and of course the volume up. So the big 3 does help a lot, so I'd think at worst? You'd have some dimming lights. But your alt is better (mine's like 90 amps) so should be fine.

Thanks again for the input. I really don't have anything to compare it to so I just have to go off other peoples experience. I wouldn't mind upgrading my alt but it would be around 400 bucks and that is more than I'm spending on my sub so it would be kind of pointless. I wonder what would help the system more, to have a HO alternator or a better battery after the big 3 is done?