Second Skin Audio

Long time reader, first time box builder

i feel like we may have different interpretations of balls jiggling

It's just been so long since I've had my balls jiggled by my ZCON that I must not remember what a great sensation it really is :'( Still waiting on it to be fixed. But as everybody else has said OP, you don't have the proper space for 15s. Go a size smaller and you'll be tons happier

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

why sealed?

I have a few reasons for choosing a sealed enclosure.

120815225406.png

vs

120815225848.png

A sealed enclosure at 6 cubic feet has a better frequency response curve than that of a vented enclosure. Also, since I'm running a vented enclosure currently, I'm losing a lot of sound under 40 hz(12db/octave) + the 12 db/octave I'm losing from the amp's subsonic filter.

I want a sealed box, not a bunch of people telling me to go ported.

out of all of those box specs your best bet is the 6 cu ft ported deep bass box.i owned L7s 15's when they first came out and tried everyone of those boxes plus 2 other ones, best sounding was the 6 cubes box. id even take the single 15 in that box over 2 of them sealed just my 2 cents...

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

ditch the 15's lol. get some SA 12's and put em in the trunk. call it good.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I hate to sound like a jackass here, but nobody has really answered my question. I will be attempting my first box build, and I would feel most comfortable building a sealed box. Everyone is telling me to go ported, and I just don't want to. I want a sealed box. I don't want 12's, I want to keep my 15's because it's what I already have and I don't have the money to drop on 2 new 12's.

I'm getting discouraged by the responses I've seen here, and I know that there are people out there with real knowledge as how to solve my problem (and going to 2 12's in a ported box is not the solution I'm looking for.)

Sorry if this came off as rude, but I know what I want to do. I just need some advice as to how to do it.

Thanks

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

I hate to sound like a jackass here, but nobody has really answered my question. I will be attempting my first box build, and I would feel most comfortable building a sealed box. Everyone is telling me to go ported, and I just don't want to. I want a sealed box. I don't want 12's, I want to keep my 15's because it's what I already have and I don't have the money to drop on 2 new 12's.

I'm getting discouraged by the responses I've seen here, and I know that there are people out there with real knowledge as how to solve my problem (and going to 2 12's in a ported box is not the solution I'm looking for.)

Sorry if this came off as rude, but I know what I want to do. I just need some advice as to how to do it.

Thanks

Well, coming from somebody who cut their first ported box using a jigsaw, I can tell you that a crappy (to an extent) ported box built to good specs will destroy a prefab sealed box. I went from 2 Kicker Comp 12s in a prefab to a ported and it was an extreme difference. So my final advice to you would be to build a ported box for just 1 of those 15s and sell the other one if you don't have any use for it. I know you say you don't want to do ported because you don't have experience building them, but I didn't either and my shitty ported turned out hella better than the prefab

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

There's people on this forum (like me) who can help you with a ported box design. the problem with your prefab box was the tuning and port area. tuned to high for your preferences, and not nearly enough port area. I guarantee you a ported box with one of those will sound better and get lower than two in a sealed box. might even be louder.

But if you want to build a sealed box so badly, then do it. 5 cubes net and good luck fitting that sucker inside your trunk.

Does that answer your question?

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

79 bronco...........look at it this way..............the guys are telling you to put 2 15s in a sealed box in that trunk is not gonna be easy.......so if someone gave you the plans for a sealed box for 2 15's you still might have to build it in the trunk. and if you dont have alot of skills building a ported box how in the world do you have the experience to build a box inside of a trunk......ive ran one 15 in a 5cbft box tuned to 33hz and that fucker got loud and low.......the few people that have given you advice already know there shit.....................

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

you know what, i'm feeling generous. build a ported box to these specs,

217773_376283112441293_1896590425_n.jpg

should look close to this

311593_323965047695805_1446840921_n.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Again, good luck fitting that in the trunk. But that will walk all over your prefab box.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

you know what, i'm feeling generous. build a ported box to these specs,

217773_376283112441293_1896590425_n.jpg

should look close to this

311593_323965047695805_1446840921_n.jpg

will that slide right in the trunk..................................................

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74