Sonic Electronix

This guy says the DD1 fucked up 5 of his 6 amps.

http://www.caraudio....need-fixed.html

I dont buy it I bet he fucked up something and was trying to lay the blame elsewhere.

Edited by Gumby688

Clarion CX-501 HU

Rockford Fosgate Punch 400-A4 on

Rockford Fosgate T152 5.25 in center console and

Rockford Fosgate T1682 in front factory

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP on subs

6 12inch RF HX2's in 13.4 cuft. tuned to 30 with port in 47 with it out

240 Amp American Armature Alt

100AH C&D in back Optima Yellow top up front

Yeah my thinking too but the guys there seem more interested in getting one of the burnt amps then finding out how they REALLY got trashed.

Clarion CX-501 HU

Havent used a DD1 yet so I am not too sure but I am betting there is atleast 1 person on these boards who would.

Clarion CX-501 HU

Sounds like the same case, of i heard Techforce saying the same thing that it blew all his amps and subs. I call bullshit on that one too.

Not sure if that was a rumor or if it was true. So don't hold that to me.

But i don't see how the DD1 can physically blow anything. Its just a testing / setting device. Like Neu said.

All user error over there.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Probably another idiot not knowing how to use a simple tool.... Ive set over 30+ amps, more realistically closer to 50 if not more in the last year of various brands, inlcuding a good 15 sundown amps such as 1500s,2500s,3500s, 4500s, NS-1s (not including doing some a couple times when installs have changed),and not once have I had an issue with ANY Brand amp frying from the DD-1....

If amps blow from using the dd-1, than they will blow from using a Oscilloscope, or a Digital Multimeter, or any other time you set the subwoofer gain with the amp turned on and the woofers disconnected.

I had some old SPL Dynamic's amps do go kinda cooky nuts when the amps are on and producing power with no load on the amplifier. However I never seen one that instantly went up in smoke, if a problem arises the protection circuit would catch the problem until the amp power is cycled on and off, and they never blew from that issue alone.

Even my old American Bass 150.1s went up in smoke one time when I was at mcdonalds in the drive thru and the volume was turned down to place an order and play. By the time I left mcdonalds and turned my stereo up I had no bass.. Turned out there was a bad or weak gate resistor that blew and took out a mosfet..

Morel of the story is, amps come and go, some last for ever, while some parts get weaker over time... There is no "smart" or "dumb" amp, only smart and dumb users, that amp is only doing what you tell it to do, just like your woofer. When you do something stupid your gear is going to be paying for it and so is your wallet. Example If your running a 1ohm stable amp at .5 ohms daily your weakening the components inside the amplifier over time and could blow at any time... This is why I hate buying used amps, let alone used amps from people I do not personally know!

You and I dont know this guys system, or the abuse he put it thru... He could of pounded the shit out of those amps for years at .25 ohms, and the amps finally said fuck you, so in this guys attempt to not look like a complete idiot he goes and blames it on someone or something else..

Im now locking this thread, because nothing good can come from it... Just another idiot in the audio field, and on those forums a idiot is a dime a dozen... wait take that back almost every person on that site is pretty much a tard nowadays it seemed. All their skilled helpful people have left that site for others, while all that are left are trolls, and noobs that claim to do 155db from a trunk of their car with a pair of 10 inch alpine type rs in a sealed box...