Serious Voltage Drop @ The Inline Fuse...

Like stated before, I've changed the fuse holder, several times. Still same problem. The only thing I haven't done was bypass the fuse and just use the wire. And I did not want to do this because the guy who has the system is real inexperienced, and tends to try to work on shit himself. I take out fuse, he cuts a wire, truck burns up and its my fault because i wired it up. But, next time he comes by, I will just bypass the fuse temp. and see what kinda voltage I am getting. If its still the 1.6v then there is something wrong with that wire...I will just donate some of mine to the cause and get him beating.

mivtCK.png

That is some weird shit. usually if you have a break in a wire you loose all of the voltage, and have no continuity. I just want to know where the 11.9 Volts is going. If I where you I would just replace the wire, because since you already replaced the fuses, and fuse holders, you have pretty much ruled that out. is there any cuts abrasions, or burns in the wire that would allow it to short out, or possibly melt? Because if the wire somehow got smaller due to it burning away, or being cut, then that might be your problem. although you should still get voltage through it, just not as many amps.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

That is some weird shit. usually if you have a break in a wire you loose all of the voltage, and have no continuity. I just want to know where the 11.9 Volts is going. If I where you I would just replace the wire, because since you already replaced the fuses, and fuse holders, you have pretty much ruled that out. is there any cuts abrasions, or burns in the wire that would allow it to short out, or possibly melt? Because if the wire somehow got smaller due to it burning away, or being cut, then that might be your problem. although you should still get voltage through it, just not as many amps.

it doesnt matter. ITs immediately after the fuse. my guess is that there is corrosion out the ass on the end of the wire and it is failing to conduct any electricity. none of my questions were answered though so I can just speculate

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

it doesnt matter. ITs immediately after the fuse. my guess is that there is corrosion out the ass on the end of the wire and it is failing to conduct any electricity. none of my questions were answered though so I can just speculate

That would make sense. although corrosion would be pretty easy to spot, I would be surprised if OP missed that.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

OP, did you ever figure this one out?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

bypass the fuse holde rand link the two ends of wire together. what does the end of the wire look like? Is it ring terminals or a push block style? Any corrosion on the wire? Is it turning green? does he have a cap or anything in the back of the car? extra battery?

I never tried bypassing the fuse, but I probably should have. The ends of the wires were all clean though...free of corrosion. And the first two fuse holders we used were ones where you just stick the stripped wire in and tighten down the screw, but the one we used from my ride were the kind that the wire has to have a ring terminal on the end. And there is no cap or extra batt in the back. Just wire, amp, and subs.

mivtCK.png

But to the guys reading, I never did figure it out. The guy who had this system came by one day while I was sleeping (I work night shift) and thats the last time I've seen him...even though he lives a block down the street. My guess is either he figured I fucked it up, or got someone else in town to get it working. Oh well...

mivtCK.png