Sonic Electronix

I know this might be one, but im not intending this as a vs. thread. I am just asking the pros and cons of 2 15" or 1 18" . if you think this is a vs thread dont freak out it wasnt intendedto be..

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

2 15's more cone area

1 18 is a beast!

it will depend on how much room you have in your car, what you can fit and what sound you are trying to achieve. Personally I don't like the sound of woofers over 12" they just sound the best to me.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

well ive got a grand cherokee so space isnt too big of a problem. Im kinda diggin the sound of havin an 18 and i wanna hit lows, but 2 15s will get pretty low and be crazy loud

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

well ive got a grand cherokee so space isnt too big of a problem. Im kinda diggin the sound of havin an 18 and i wanna hit lows, but 2 15s will get pretty low and be crazy loud

i'd go with 2 15's unless you want that phrase when a friend asks what kinda subs do you have, "I've got a BIG ASS MOFO 18, Bigger the better right???"

Scion tC SQ Build

Unless its a level 2 PSI 18 and 2 L& 15" kickers LOLOLOL

If space isnt a problem get som SSA 18's. 2 of em. Go big or go him. We all know only 18's can hit the low lows :rolleyes:

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/icon-18-sound-solutions-audio-18-1250w-icon-series-subwoofer.html

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

ok first of all cone area has nothing to do with how low a sub will go or how good the sq is. the only factor that plays in it is that more cone area (with same or similar xmax) is louder so more cone area may sound like it hits lows better but ud need a big difference in cone area to notice it. that all depends specifically upon the woofers in question and their motors suspension and box which will be the biggest variable as it almost always is. 2 15s will not be much louder than a single 15 of same xmax in correct boxes. not to the ear. to a meter tho yes. id go with 1 18. people gawk at them most people havnt ever seen one or heard one in a car. pick the right woofer and itll do all you need and should be cheaper than 2 15s

Edited by Ville Audio j

alpine cda117

4 kicker kx1200.1s

2 dc level 5 12s

mcintosh mc431

mcintosh meq450 / meq459

mcintosh mc420 midbass

mcintosh mc221 tweets

mcintosh mc223 full range.

my mids and highs are worth more than your car.

ok first of all cone area has nothing to do with how low a sub will go or how good the sq is. the only factor that plays in it is that more cone area (with same or similar xmax) is louder so more cone area may sound like it hits lows better but ud need a big difference in cone area to notice it. that all depends specifically upon the woofers in question and their motors suspension and box which will be the biggest variable as it almost always is. 2 15s will not be much louder than a single 15 of same xmax in correct boxes. not to the ear. to a meter tho yes. id go with 1 18. people gawk at them most people havnt ever seen one or heard one in a car. pick the right woofer and itll do all you need and should be cheaper than 2 15s

fuck it do a dp 21" or go home

Scion tC SQ Build

What type of music do you listen to? Thats what i go off of.

fuck it do a dp 21" or go home

rap and dubstep, 21" = too much haha

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows