Just got a new HID Kit from Sharp hid and was going good until i turned one side on and it started smoking and getting hot so hot that i burnt my hand from the actual bulb. What can be the problem maybe? Came with a battery harness that i didn't used i don't know that could be it. Also the kit is a 55 watt and installing this on a 2000 Honda Accord.

Thanks

HID's burn way hotter than halogen bulbs. With you having a 50w ballast that makes the bulbs burn hotter and brighter than a 35w ballast could do. Did the light illuminate when it smoked? It could just be some dust or oils on the bulbs. You NEVER want to touch hid bulbs with your hands and if you do you need to wipe them with alcohol pads immediately because the oils in your hands will cause the glass to heat up and get hot spots and break.

For the battery harness do you mean a relay harness? It could be that you burned out the stock wire's jacket from that big load on the wire to ignite the bulbs the first few seconds. From what i clamped my HID's from FutureVision draw 25 amps of current when they are warming up, after they are warmed up they draw 9-10 amps of current. You really should use a relay harness with HID's because the ballasts draw way more power than a normal halogen bulb will and getting that power through the small gauge wire that connects to your old halogen bulbs is not possible without risking burning up the stock wire. Using the relay harness gives the ballasts all the power they require when igniting and running.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

HID's burn way hotter than halogen bulbs. With you having a 50w ballast that makes the bulbs burn hotter and brighter than a 35w ballast could do. Did the light illuminate when it smoked? It could just be some dust or oils on the bulbs. You NEVER want to touch hid bulbs with your hands and if you do you need to wipe them with alcohol pads immediately because the oils in your hands will cause the glass to heat up and get hot spots and break.

For the battery harness do you mean a relay harness? It could be that you burned out the stock wire's jacket from that big load on the wire to ignite the bulbs the first few seconds. From what i clamped my HID's from FutureVision draw 25 amps of current when they are warming up, after they are warmed up they draw 9-10 amps of current. You really should use a relay harness with HID's because the ballasts draw way more power than a normal halogen bulb will and getting that power through the small gauge wire that connects to your old halogen bulbs is not possible without risking burning up the stock wire. Using the relay harness gives the ballasts all the power they require when igniting and running.

What he said. Use the harness.

I'm gonna hate