Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7

dl9890

Keyword: in the past lol. Their oldschool stuff was awesome from what i hear. their new stuff not so much.

At 479 per 15" L7, there are better options out there for that price that perform just as well -if not better than- the L7.

We're not attacking the OP for liking kicker. I used to be a kicker nut hugger as well. We're trying to steer him towards better options, trying to save him money.

There are cheaper ways to "test the water". I'm going to guess you either got your old kickers at a steal of a price, or you didn't know about the brands that most of the forum uses back when you had them. I bet you wouldn't pay $479 for a 15" L7 knowing what you do now.

I agree that installation is everything, so why spend the extra money running the L7's if you're not going to see much more (if any) benefit from using them?

^^x2 I'm with 412 CVX, I use to own nothing but kicker, until I started hearing other setups and decided to broaden my spectrum. And at that 479 for a 15" L7 haha I realize why i decided to start looking at diff equipment. I now run Sundown woofers and to me its like night and day. Especially when my 10" v.3 sounds way better than my old 15 L7. Just saying, in the end yes it is up to the OP to decide what he wants to get all we can do is suggest, I mean isn't that what he was asking for suggestions?

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Keyword: in the past lol. Their oldschool stuff was awesome from what i hear. their new stuff not so much.

At 479 per 15" L7, there are better options out there for that price that perform just as well -if not better than- the L7.

We're not attacking the OP for liking kicker. I used to be a kicker nut hugger as well. We're trying to steer him towards better options, trying to save him money.

There are cheaper ways to "test the water". I'm going to guess you either got your old kickers at a steal of a price, or you didn't know about the brands that most of the forum uses back when you had them. I bet you wouldn't pay $479 for a 15" L7 knowing what you do now.

I agree that installation is everything, so why spend the extra money running the L7's if you're not going to see much more (if any) benefit from using them?

^^x2 I'm with 412 CVX, I use to own nothing but kicker, until I started hearing other setups and decided to broaden my spectrum. And at that 479 for a 15" L7 haha I realize why i decided to start looking at diff equipment. I now run Sundown woofers and to me its like night and day. Especially when my 10" v.3 sounds way better than my old 15 L7. Just saying, in the end yes it is up to the OP to decide what he wants to get all we can do is suggest, I mean isn't that what he was asking for suggestions?

That's the point I am at right now. I have nothing but Kicker, Love kicker but it's time to move onto bigger and better. Hopefully when I get my 2 12" AA Arsenals I will experience the "Night and Day." To me right now, my 2 12" Cvr's are crazy loud, but I feel the AA's will handle a lot better on my DX1000.1. Let's hope!

For *retail* price, of course the Subwoofers, not just ONLY Kicker, are as high as the sky. Perfectly example is the kenwood subwoofer at Crutchfield.com. $199.99 for a single 12" that does only 350 watts? Are you smurfin' kidding me?! In my previous post, I was referring to those people who literally hate the brand name, Kicker, with passion for many silly reasons. This, in my opinion, is totally unacceptable behavior to push the new people away from experiencing with the Kicker for themselves. There's a difference between hate brand-name and best bang for price/budget.

-Smurfboy

For *retail* price, of course the Subwoofers, not just ONLY Kicker, are as high as the sky. Perfectly example is the kenwood subwoofer at Crutchfield.com. $199.99 for a single 12" that does only 350 watts? Are you smurfin' kidding me?! In my previous post, I was referring to those people who literally hate the brand name, Kicker, with passion for many silly reasons. This, in my opinion, is totally unacceptable behavior to push the new people away from experiencing with the Kicker for themselves. There's a difference between hate brand-name and best bang for price/budget.

-Smurfboy

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I don't hate kicker, in fact as a business major, I applaud them for their ability to have such a high markup on their gear, and still have the market wrapped around their finger. I used to work at best buy and they had a kicker accommodation which meant i could get kicker products BNIB at or slightly above cost, so i know first hand what their markup is.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I don't hate kicker, in fact as a business major, I applaud them for their ability to have such a high markup on their gear, and still have the market wrapped around their finger. I used to work at best buy and they had a kicker accommodation which meant i could get kicker products BNIB at or slightly above cost, so i know first hand what their markup is.

do tell :P

For those who want tried and tested main stream brand! For those who want to go loud! For those who love the name kicker! For those who love to keep the eletrical standard! For those who love bass in between 35 -50hz. They can go Kicker. Lol!

An S15L7 needs only a ZX750.1 to keep it kicking some serious bass in a ported box. And they are reliable.

I am saying 140db for someone who is upgrading from a basic sub is really good and all that they would need. Anything louder is definitely going to hurt.

I keep hearing brand X can handle more powaaa for lesser price!! Yes and for more power it needs a bigger amp takes more juice from your electricals. Straining your battery and alternator isnt a good thing. If you mix a ZX750.1 and ZX 350.4, you would max at less than 140Amps which can be handled without an extra battery if you are playing it smart.

Like someone said before I was a Kicker nuthugger, lol! Now I too moved on!

But anyone who is getting their first or second system, for anyone who will never see competition lines, for anyone who isnt into extreme groundpounding Kicker can suffice.

It can be pickedup from a normal store in US and just build the box according to the Kicker manual considering your trunk space. You would have decently loud system.

If I was given an option of Kicker subs, I would choose a front a rear speaker that can produce a lot of Mid bass though.

just my 2 cents.

Just because subs can take more power doesnt mean you need more power. Also brand "x" usually makes an entry level woofer that takes similar power as a L7. And brand "Y" makes and amplifer that makes 750wrms for much less also.... For how much you are going to pay for a 750.1 from kicker and a L7 from a dealer and get raped on install in a crappy ported box thats lacking port area etc...you can do much better.

As far as it being reliable...its only reliable as much as the guy behind the gain knob is.

My first subs were kicker...and ever since I have been "kicker"ing myself in the ass for how much money I wasted.

I would have loved for someone to set me straight than...if only I had the SMD forum I would have been much better off. Its human nature to always want better or bigger or louder etc.... so if we can help somebody get there and save some dough why not?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

for a 12" L7 it's like 120 plus shipping iirc. it's been a while though. their zx2500 i remember being like 330 and some change before shipping. i know i got all 4 of my CVX 12's for 446 something shipped.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i have two 12 inch kicker l7s with 3.5 cubic feet per sub and it slams in my tahoe. idk y alot of people vote against them but ive never had a problem with them and they can hit the lows pretty dam good i defenately reccomend them from experience with them.

people like subs that sound good is why most on here dont like them. it isnt that they dont get loud, anything gets loud in the right box.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

for a 12" L7 it's like 120 plus shipping iirc. it's been a while though. their zx2500 i remember being like 330 and some change before shipping. i know i got all 4 of my CVX 12's for 446 something shipped.

It'd be worth it for the amp IMO. Imma go apply at bestbuy..buy a few amps and gtfo haha

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived