Sonic Electronix

caps arent required, and honestly a company who requires you to run caps doesnt get my business, imo build a better amp, or just substitute with more amperage/battery.

i agree caps shouldn't be required IF you power the amp properly.

edit: of course memphis sells caps so there ya go

I can only see justifying caps for one reason, they charge alot faster than car batteries do.... thats it.... but in that case, why not Bat Caps?

I never messed with the 4kw amp, but all the other amps, the smaller mojo, and the 1000s, and they do great.

I ofcourse read these were insane power hungry amps... I would scrap the 4 farads per amp issue, and just run like 4- batts instead

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

can you explain how the amp gets too hot because they dont give it enough power, not trying to be a jerk or anything. I really am just looking to expand my knowledge about car audio. And can you clarify what "it" is referring to please, i duno if we are talking about a kicker amp or kicker sub.thanks man

Baylor University

Accounting

I can only see justifying caps for one reason, they charge alot faster than car batteries do.... thats it.... but in that case, why not Bat Caps?

I never messed with the 4kw amp, but all the other amps, the smaller mojo, and the 1000s, and they do great.

I ofcourse read these were insane power hungry amps... I would scrap the 4 farads per amp issue, and just run like 4- batts instead

ive messed with all ove the memphis amps , the only one that i have issues with is the efficency of the 4kw its horrible on power. also running batteries like kinetiks or "car audio" batteries you shouldnt need caps period.

can you explain how the amp gets too hot because they dont give it enough power, not trying to be a jerk or anything. I really am just looking to expand my knowledge about car audio. And can you clarify what "it" is referring to please, i duno if we are talking about a kicker amp or kicker sub.thanks man

i have 2 kicker l7 15s and a kicker ZX2500.1 NOW. I ran it with stock batt and alt. for 3 months. The amp never went into protection. It would heat up after 30 min of driving. My alt went out after 3 months of having the system. I got a factory replacement and added a 2nd 150 amp alt and replaced my batt with a yellow top. Now I don't have problems with the amp heating up. Only thing I have problems with now is the l7s heating up after 30 min of bumpin at full volume. I just turn it down for a few min then crank em back up no prob.

I plan on doin a lot more for the 4kw if I get em. 3 300 amp alt prolly and 3-4 kinetik 2400s and 1 kinetik 800.

well i love my memphis subs, so i would go with memphis for your subs because them mojos are nice mofos , their amps are nice but only up to the 2500 i wouldnt touch the 4k they are comp only amps imo,

there amps are great quality like kicker but kicker has them beat for power and then fosgate them kicker and memphis beat for power, because their amps can go down to 1ohm .....

so just get what youre happy with but stay away from power acoustik lol... if i can make the move away from them anyone and everyone can

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived