DC Sound Lab

If I ran a 3.5k amp at 2 ohm instead of 1 ohm, would I still need the electrical reserve (number of batteries) as I would for a 1 ohm load?

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Are you trying to avoid spending extra money on electrical support? you're gonna spend at least 300 more on amp that can do 3500 at 2 ohms than an amp that can do it at 1 ohm. just buy the extra battery and get the 3500 at 1 ohm.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

No, but you will Probbly see about 1.8kish at 2 ohms so I would Probbly atleast do big 3 and one extra batt

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

I'm fine spending money. I just want to stay at two ohms for a little better sound quality. I'm thinking about getting an Incriminator Audio Death Penalty sub which is rated at 1500 watts rms. A DC Audio 3.5k would be an excellent amp for that sub at 2 ohm. That is my thinking anyway. Would there be an audible difference running a sub like that at 2 ohm vs 1 ohm?

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

you already made a thread asking the same question. ohm load will NOT make an audible difference. It's all gonna be in the box.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

you already made a thread asking the same question. ohm load will NOT make an audible difference. It's all gonna be in the box.

Different sub, different amp, different power. And my original question in this thread was not about the sound quality difference. And since your so helpful how does a DC 3.5k do 3500 watts at 2 ohms or did I read your first reply wrong???

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4