Gass To MDF. Ratio

There's actually a few questions in this thread.

1) How thick dose fiber glass have to be to equal 3/4" MDF.

2) What if you put a layer of brass mesh between the layers, would it make a diff?

You make fiberglass as thick as you want it to be...I'd say for a subwoofer enclosure made completely from fiberglass a good 8 layers or so is as strong or stronger than 3/4 MDF.

thickness depends on the size of the mat you are using and how much resin you apply...and i can't see that brass mesh hurting anything...i would assume it would add some structural integrity to things.

i likes me some audio stuff...

thickness depends on the size of the mat you are using and how much resin you apply...and i can't see that brass mesh hurting anything...i would assume it would add some structural integrity to things.

I was acutally was going to form the box with the mesh in glass from there. I think the brass would give me peace of mind. Actually I have an ald box I was going to take the top off of then form the brass mesh to the inside.

Het bro,just seen this....

Id use at least 4 layers of 2 Oz and rope bracing, check out my enclosure thread and take notes...if you have any questions on how i did this or that ....hit me up....

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........