ZachG Posted August 29, 2012 Author Report Posted August 29, 2012 They're most likely quieter because the port is getting stuffed by the back of your seats. Build a new box with the port in the center. The port has 6" of room infront of it. And the back of my seats in the trunk are plastic. & athe box doesnt fit tight in my trunk so sealing it off would be difficult and prob 10 cans of expanding foam 1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)
Beanz Posted August 29, 2012 Report Posted August 29, 2012 WHen he ment louder when faceing forward was that the seats have to go down to increas the loudness but youd have to competly seal it off from the trunk also. Have you tried putting any sound deadner on your trunk and what not? That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
ZachG Posted August 29, 2012 Author Report Posted August 29, 2012 WHen he ment louder when faceing forward was that the seats have to go down to increas the loudness but youd have to competly seal it off from the trunk also. Have you tried putting any sound deadner on your trunk and what not? I have 80mil knu of my trunk lid. 1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)
Beanz Posted August 29, 2012 Report Posted August 29, 2012 Is your bumper loose? i know most of my rattle is due to my bumper being loose i just never tighthen them lol and try putting the box as close to the trunk llide with leaving a bit of space that helps on my trunk ratttle That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
ZachG Posted August 29, 2012 Author Report Posted August 29, 2012 Is your bumper loose? i know most of my rattle is due to my bumper being loose i just never tighthen them lol and try putting the box as close to the trunk llide with leaving a bit of space that helps on my trunk ratttle No bumper is tight. 1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)
atudela45 Posted September 1, 2012 Report Posted September 1, 2012 I have a 01 grand prix gt and this is what i did! it is for 2 12 inch Massive CWs and is tuned to 45 hz.
chrishova Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 '97- '03 Grand Prix's , unbolt the seat, put a large case AD244 alt on, I'm working on a 2nd... SMD on a SAZ3500 @ .35 ohms... youtube, build, and facebook links in sig Pontiac Grand Prix GT400a Mean Machine alt. EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweetsNorfolk, VAhttp://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkvahttps://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishovahttp://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]
ZachG Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 I have a 01 grand prix gt and this is what i did! it is for 2 12 inch Massive CWs and is tuned to 45 hz. I like this idea the best. I would tune a little lower cause its a daily and I'm not chaseing numbers but yea. Who designed the box for you?? 1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)
Joe X Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 I like this idea the best. I would tune a little lower cause its a daily and I'm not chaseing numbers but yea. Who designed the box for you?? That is a 4th order bandpass enclosure and is not really tuned high.
Berto Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 I have a 01 grand prix gt and this is what i did! it is for 2 12 inch Massive CWs and is tuned to 45 hz. I like this idea the best. I would tune a little lower cause its a daily and I'm not chaseing numbers but yea. Who designed the box for you?? It's a 4th order, so 45hz is actually aa little on the low side. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.