Sonic Electronix

why is 2 type r louder than 2 obsidian.

And you are really judging performance by distance you can hear the song?

No I'm not judging performance. I believe if I was tuned higher around 36hz you could hear it from farther away.

Come to think of it my box is actually tuned around 31.5hz

It kills the lows down to around 29-30hz but isn't loud from outside

And you are really judging performance by distance you can hear the song?

No I'm not judging performance. I believe if I was tuned higher around 36hz you could hear it from farther away.

Come to think of it my box is actually tuned around 31.5hz

It kills the lows down to around 29-30hz but isn't loud from outside

I just want to say this... Dont worry about being louder OUTSIDE the car than inside... If it sounds good inside man then fuck the outside... You REALLY dont want to disturb others around you if you can help it that leads to the bad rep we get man smile.gif

Well yea Im not that guy that bumps near public places, unless its at traffic lights ext to all the city people that come out by me haha.

& my rear bumper and trunk rattle bad and flex bad. Not sure how to stop the bumper other than sealing off from the trunk

dislike haha should always turn down at traffic lights to be respectful

the best way to get rid of that rattle is yes to seal off the trunk if you are facing the subs foward into the cabin ... otherwise the best next thing is to use sound deadener !!! the sound deadener will also help you turn all that flexing into wonderful louder bass !

well..... You both have: Different cars

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

And more than likely....Different wires.....

The Type R isn't a terrible sub, they can get pretty loud in the right set up (Which goes for alot of drivers)

The best way to really see whos is louder would be to use one of the two set ups and test both pairs of drivers in the same box, same car, etc

Then put it on a mic (If you can find one)

I would guess that the amount of cabin space is what sets you two apart the most. But that is just my opinion...

I have much better wire and my voltage is probaly better cause I have a big agm as a second batt

so?

his box is different. his woofers are different. his car is different. there are a TON of factors that you dont even know about.

Bahahahahaha Thank you capt. Obvious

Sorry I didn't join this SMD band wagon sooner, Guess a few more posts would gain me some respect?? I appologize for not having said knowledge. Since YOU have enough knowledge to tell me what I do and do not know why don't YOU type the novel that would describe every other factor. Didn't want to put so much time in a post, Just give him the obvious factors to understand why they may sound so different.

Thank you again almighty car audio wizard for getting butthurt and THINKING you know more than someone for the number of posts they make on a website....

DUDE, That was dirrected at the OP. LOL

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

The Type R isn't a terrible sub, they can get pretty loud in the right set up (Which goes for alot of drivers)

The best way to really see whos is louder would be to use one of the two set ups and test both pairs of drivers in the same box, same car, etc

I would guess that the amount of cabin space is what sets you two apart the most. But that is just my opinion...

I have much better wire and my voltage is probaly better cause I have a big agm as a second batt

Sweet. Any deadener in trunk??

Got some 80mil from knu on the trunk lid and my wing still flexes crazy on most songs. Like I measured it moves up 3/4 a inch on rack city haha

Rack City DOES slap!!! I would say sick with LOWS. I mean having people hear you is awesome and whatnot, but having people FEEL you is what turns the heads.

Everything is just a GIMIC

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Alpine CDA-9885

Rockford Fosgate Power t600.4

Pioneer 3-ways

Skar 1500.1

(2) Skar vvx 12"

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

so?

his box is different. his woofers are different. his car is different. there are a TON of factors that you dont even know about.

Sorry I didn't join this SMD band wagon sooner, Guess a few more posts would gain me some respect?? I appologize for not having said knowledge. Since YOU have enough knowledge to tell me what I do and do not know why don't YOU type the novel that would describe every other factor. Didn't want to put so much time in a post, Just give him the obvious factors to understand why they may sound so different.

Thank you again almighty car audio wizard for getting butthurt and THINKING you know more than someone for the number of posts they make on a website....

This is why i love this forum!, It's like talking to my family when we are drunk. "no you shut up!"

Hatchback vs. a trunk..i think we all know why..

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Different Amps

Different boxes

Wired to Different Ohms

so?

This is why i love this forum!, It's like talking to my family when we are drunk. "no you shut up!"

HAHAHA All I saw was 13,000 posts and thought "Hey don't tell me what I do/do not know!"

Now I'm butthurt. lol jk

Everything is just a GIMIC

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Alpine CDA-9885

Rockford Fosgate Power t600.4

Pioneer 3-ways

Skar 1500.1

(2) Skar vvx 12"

I agree,power here isn't enough to make much difference in output, and hatch is going to win, especially with a high tuned box. O.p., it's time to wall.

Archived