Better daily car  

50 members have voted

1. 1. turbo V6 or built up V8

• built and turboed V6
    • built V8 (turboed later)

The only two cars I like with v6's are the grand national and the new mustangs which are decently quick.

OSo with that being said go with v8. The ls motors are nice, and easy to get quick. If I had the money I'd get a LSX.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

The old one's aren't so quick, atleast not stock, especially with the damn pedal lag that used to plague me (simple 5 min fix). I think I'll be dropping the old supercharged cobra in this baby (can get a tranny and the engine for around $7000 installed, about what I would have spent turboing this 6er)

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

The old one's aren't so quick, atleast not stock, especially with the damn pedal lag that used to plague me (simple 5 min fix). I think I'll be dropping the old supercharged cobra in this baby (can get a tranny and the engine for around $7000 installed, about what I would have spent turboing this 6er)

that will be a fast sucker

that will be a fast sucker

i know righttt! plus i love the way the whipple supercharger sounds (i think it's called whipple)

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Consider this, you have yourself a standard v8, drinks a bit of fuel as expected, but not crazy amounts. You have yourself a V6, drinks less, but we are talking about jazzing up the 6 to match or surpass the power of a stock v8, that v6 just got a whole lot thirstier, want power, need fuel.... Considering that, the V8 looks better by all accounts, and if you choose to later on down the track, can turn the 8 into a high power monster....

Plus, the added advantage to a big v8 is torque. Assuming you have a manual, slide into your highest gear, and cruise round town doing plenty of miles to the gallon. Also, fuel consumption is greatly affected by how you drive. Food for thought.

If I'm goin to hell, I'm going in a HOLDEN!!!

Speed doesn't kill, Its the stopping suddenly that gets you.

Quoted by the one and only Jeremy Clarkson.

Build: A Secret!

I would vote for a stock 4.6L upgrade. They get decent fuel economy, have plenty of power and last forever. My Grand Marquis gets 25 hwy and 20 around town so not to bad. I would expect more out of a mustang. It is all about how you drive though. I am not and have never been a fan of the ford 3.8L. I can say my car loaded with 5 people plus my system plus luggage does not bog down at all, so I would expect a walled mustang would perform better with a v-8. This is just my opinion.

Barstad

i lol at the people thinking v6s are better with gas mileage once built

my mom has a 330 hp v6 and that thing gets the same 16 mpg my 340 hp v8 gets

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

that's a tough 1 , i have wanted to do a v6 since i seen the buick regal t-type and grand national , gnx . check out the turbo regal .

for some reason or another i want to hop up a v6 too , and right away i see that there are far fewer parts to build a v6 as opposed to a v8 .

Archived