Sonic Electronix

Alpine CDE-122 install resulted in little/no subwoofer output?

I JUST installed the new unit today, and have ran into a issue that irritating me. My subwoofers are barely working, next to no output at volumes as high as 20 with sub levels at 15 and bass at +7. Checked the rca, have noticed the capacitor will randomly shut down, something it never did while the car was running before, my ground power wires both check out and work. Not sure what the issue is unless my capacitor is faulty or the amp is screwed. However, i can garuntee both subs and the amp should be working fine as i had them wired in my room and hitting harder (saddly on a single PSU than they are hitting now, no gain up at all) ANY ideas would be nice. Taking a break for the night though. Ill work on it tomorrow after school and work. If there are any Details you need just ask and ill try to provide the answer.

Headunit: Alpine CDE-122

Amp: Sony xplod 1000w max 2channel. (not bridged and no change when bridged)

Subs: sony xplod 10" pioneer 10"

Wire: 5guage power and 8guage ground

Wire: 5guage power and 8guage ground ?? pretty sure you want ground same size as power ..

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Thanks for the help, saddly yes, Two different subs, but i only paid $50 for both and the box, so when both work and the box is better than the rest of the walmart crap you go for it, "no no" all you want but when your as broke ass as i am you go with whatever deal you can get for a first system, the headunit is the new thing and only full price ive paid, working on converting to alpine but itll take a while.

bass should be at 0. sub level at +15.

the headunit probably doesn't start to clip till like mid 20's. some alpines dont clip til like 33. but it depends on the headunit.

you should probably use identical brand/size power and ground wires.

i suggest uninstalling the crapacitor.

Wire: 5guage power and 8guage ground ?? pretty sure you want ground same size as power ..

I agree but the amp really only takes 8gauge to begin with, its sony after all. Its a ghetto sheap system but has worked perfectly until now. Im just trying to find out whats wrong, i get that the systems a little past crappy and deffinately ghetto, dont mind the criticism but would prefer to get help instead of criticism.

bass should be at 0. sub level at +15.

the headunit probably doesn't start to clip till like mid 20's. some alpines dont clip til like 33. but it depends on the headunit.

you should probably use identical brand/size power and ground wires.

i suggest uninstalling the crapacitor.

Ive been thinking the capacitor should be removed and plan on testing that tomorrow.

Not sure with this model of alpine but with most of their head units there is an option in the menu for the "q" set that to "q4" if you can, also make sure the rca out is selected for sub not rear, hope this helps.

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s