Sonic Electronix

Would like some feedback on this idea please

So, I am changing my hatch once again, Subs up port up is horribly peaky. Subs back port back sounds great but it really beats the crap out of my hatch. So This is what i had in mind to cut down on some of the rattle. This is only the first step, All this will be basically boxed in with 3/4 mdf.

I am just curious if using a kerf like this is going to hurt or help. Should i just 90' this or what.

This is also my first time ferfing, i freehanded all the cuts lol

101_1361.jpg

101_1363.jpg

101_1362.jpg

Now the back piece is going to br trimmed off to match up with the hatch area, and i think i may cut an 1" or so off the bottom to get it to set down in there better.

Any other ideas?

how about sub up port back

I though about that, But i would have to build a new box then if it doesn't work im out the time and money. I'm not convinced it will work considering how extremely bad it is with sub/port up. I get 35-50hz and around that it drops off like a brick.

There's really only one way to find out. Do it. if it doesn't work, then you're out some wood and time.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

There's really only one way to find out. Do it. if it doesn't work, then you're out some wood and time.

And gas money, 60 mile round trip with a 3/4 pickup is expensive lol. Guess i could try to cut holes for my subs in this box in the top and just cover the existing holes. Like i said, if you would have heard it port and sub up you would understand why i am hesitant to do subs up port back. Even with port and subs back it's still a little bit peaky, but not enough that you notice with music.

well from what i have read in suv's and hatchbacks subs up and port back is the way to go..... more deebeez to be had......

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

if you don't have a back seat the loudest boxes are sub foward port back

But for your idea every car is different I tryed somthing like that in my car no kerf tho and gain my buddies golf lost dbs the he went crazy tryed to make the shape of the back of a crx with wood in his hatch and lost major output lol

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well, I've been in the garage for a while. Didn't make a lot of progress. This is a lot of measure 8 times, measure again. cut, measure some more things, cut some more. So it's slow. Anyway this is what i will be doing next. And the amps will be behind these panels on each side and the panels will get plexi windows. If this doesn't work then all i am out is some spare mdf i had laying around and at least i'll have some kerfing experience behind me. Since I am going forward with this I will probably just move this to my build log.

Also, i'm not overly concerned about dbeez right now. I just need projects to keep me busy until i have enough funds to move forward with my real plan for this car which will be 4 sa-12 in a wall. So all this stuff is just good experience for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

edit, oh yeah

101_1365.jpg

i dont think its going to help you any

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived