Fi Btl's Why Is 18'' More Popular Vs A 12'' Or 15''?

moh.vze.com

Not to knock on Meade and his 4 18"s (lucky bastard), but I thought you should get more output from 4 15"s right? The 18"s shouldn't play bass notes much lower and the 15"s should be capable of playing more notes harder. I myself want to do 4 15"s because I cant fix 4 18"s, but I still think the 4 15"s should out perform. And with the MT vs. BTL, how could a sub with a limit (BTL) out perform a sub with no limit (MT). I haven't check lately, but there was not wattage rating for the MT.

4 15 wont outperform 4 18s i dont know who told you that but its untrue.

18s CAN hit the same notes 15s can so thats another myth you were misinformed on

I think I get more WOW factor when I tell people that I only have one 12, jaws drop and then they realize that its all in the box. Plus from what I've seen, most 18's have a magnet that is much smaller than the woofer but when you take the same model 12 or 10 even, the magnet looks bigger than the woofer itself.

and given proper power and airspace can do it just as quick as a smaller sub ( the myth that large subs are slower)

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I think I get more WOW factor when I tell people that I only have one 12, jaws drop and then they realize that its all in the box. Plus from what I've seen, most 18's have a magnet that is much smaller than the woofer but when you take the same model 12 or 10 even, the magnet looks bigger than the woofer itself.

if its the same model sub, most times thats just an optical illusion as BTL,SX.XXX,SE,Q,DC, have the same motor just the basket makes the motor look different

So two 18"s (what I can fix) would do me better than 4 15"s?

plain out NO,

4 15s have more cone area then 2 18s

also its what you can FIT not what you can fix

I am pretty sure 4 15's will perform better than 2 18's.

Also, on an earlyer post. The BTL are louder than the MT, and the BTL are alot cheaper than the MT also. So do the math.

again thats subjective, just because they were "louder" to steve doesnt make that the case in all applications. Nobody knows REALLY until you do drop ins in your application, and as far as cheaper thats all in who you know.

So two 18"s (what I can fix) would do me better than 4 15"s?

two 18s would be alot cheaper than 4 15s so depends on your budget. You can make 2 18s almost as loud as 4 15s if you know what youre doing and make a proper box for them. plus you can use the money you saved on the extra 2 btls by getting some nice amps that will really push the 18s. i think around 3000-3500 rms on a fully loaded 18in btl is ideal. also the 18s tend to be able to take slightly more power than 15s so its another reason why people get them.

if its the same model sub, most times thats just an optical illusion as BTL,SX.XXX,SE,Q,DC, have the same motor just the basket makes the motor look different

plain out NO,

4 15s have more cone area then 2 18s

also its what you can FIT not what you can fix

You on a roll dawg! Thanks for the correction. I gotta keep my eye on you.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

two 18s would be alot cheaper than 4 15s so depends on your budget. You can make 2 18s almost as loud as 4 15s if you know what youre doing and make a proper box for them. plus you can use the money you saved on the extra 2 btls by getting some nice amps that will really push the 18s. i think around 3000-3500 rms on a fully loaded 18in btl is ideal. also the 18s tend to be able to take slightly more power than 15s so its another reason why people get them.

thats another myth same motors same spiders same everything but cone diameter, they can handle the same amount of power.

I'd run 4 Bl or Q 15s over 2 BTL 18s for daily beating then the extra amps and batterys are moot

Archived