did some work on it this weekend. I put a new front baffle on the sub box, got the bolts in for the speaker wires, resealed it, then made a piece for the rear wal. have a few pieces left to do but is looking better and better. the whole interior will be wrapped in purple and white tweed. going to work on mocking up a new center console this weekend to house the deck and switches.

IMG_20120909_192721.jpg

IMG_20120909_223321.jpg

IMG_20120909_192738.jpg

my big 3 will be here in a couple days, still need to get a couple extra batts. I talked to a buddy and I think I might be doing a 4th order for 2 tens. here is a model of it I did with googleskethup lastnight:

4thb10b.jpg

4thb10a.jpg

box would be around 7.2 cubes total, .75 each sealed section and 5.7cubes in the ported section.

4th order is a whole new thing to me, so I have some questions.

1. is the subs mounted ok in the pic? or should i move them to the other side so they hit the port walls?

2. my buddy said to do the sealed sections at .75 cubes and tune it to 43-45hertz. does that sound pretty good to you?

3. on the port, is it ok how it is or should it come out of the box?

Awesome looking truck ... I had a Mazda "low rider" back in the day ...

Welcome to SMD !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

installed my white face gauges, inside chrome door handles the other day. going to try and do the carrier bearing this weekend, next weekend is the install of new rear bags then a week or so after that I will be redoing the link setup. Hope i can start interior fabric soon.

looks good im a cewrtified b series fanatic ive owned at least 10 of em if you need any help with engine/drivetrain upgrades let me know also good luck on the alt upgrade the only option i have found is to have ur stock slt rewound sweet truck tho im building a 92 b2600i ext cab as we speak

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

you heard of mazdabscene.com? if not i would sign up and check it out, is a great site for our trucks. there is other options ofr alts, fords as well as some gm alts work for upgrading.right now i am trying to do the carrier bearing, read that it is a 27mm bolt to get it off but no one has em that big in town so i might have to order one online. was hoping a cresent wrench would work.

i was told u can flip a gm alt upside down and it will work also another good mazda forum is mazda truckiin its alot like bseries but not alot of shit talking or ride bashing and u can get just about any parts for it off there need any help or advice feel free to ask specially on the engine/drivetrain

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

Archived