Second Skin Audio

would this design work for 2 12" kicker comps

caraudiolove

Not enough port area per foot. Needs to be at least double that. Make the port wider, plus remove the port dimensions from the "diameter" box. That box is only used when using aero or round ports. You need it blank for a square or L-port.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

What are your maximum dimensions? Personally I'd try for ~3.5 - 4 cubes net and ~60 square inches (or three 4" aeros if you'd want) of port total, tuned to 32-35.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

The last box dimensions you posted, where is the port located in the box? If it is an L-port that makes a turn when it gets to the back of the box, and then runs parallel to the back wall, your common port walls should be "3". If I were you, I'd follow what Artruche said, and go with a few aero ports. Try a few 3" or 4" ports to see if you can get the port area per foot higher. With a slot port(the design you're currently playing with) you would want a minimum of about 12 inches per cubic foot of airspace. For round or aero ports go for 8-12 sq inches of port per cube of airspace. You're doing just fine though, keep plugging numbers and you'll find a box that will work. Port area for your airspace is really important. If you don't supply the proper amount of port, you COULD get port noise or have a sub that sounds like its in a leaky sealed box, rather than a ported box at all! Hope my post was helpful, sorry it took a little while to respond.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived