Sonic Electronix

My heads about to explode of confusion. Wire it to 1 ohm with the link Skullz gave you in post #45. If it can't be wired to 1, wire to 2ohm.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

He is confused by the fact it wires to series and parallel with a switch on the sub so everything he sees makes it all the more confusing, treat the sub as if it were a single 2 ohm or a single 8 ohm. Wiring in parallel will lower the ohm load and wiring in series will raise the ohm load, so if you wire the subs in parallel with the switch at the 2 ohm position you will wind up with the final ohm load of 1 ohm for the most power from your amp your wanting to get.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Op yes you wire them like single VC with the switch set at 2 ohms.

Woofer:Fully loaded(3inch coil)15 inch Fi BL 4 cubic ft box tuned to 32hz

Bass Amp: Audioque 1200d(just purchased a Sundown Audio SAX 1200d)

Highs/Mids Amp: Alpine PDX 4.100

Door Speakers: Alpine Type R and S 6.5's

Vehicle: 2008 Mazda 6 stock alt and soon to be XS Power S1200 0gauge ran from batt to cap and 4 gauge to both amps

He is confused by the fact it wires to series and parallel with a switch on the sub so everything he sees makes it all the more confusing, treat the sub as if it were a single 2 ohm or a single 8 ohm. Wiring in parallel will lower the ohm load and wiring in series will raise the ohm load, so if you wire the subs in parallel with the switch at the 2 ohm position you will wind up with the final ohm load of 1 ohm for the most power from your amp your wanting to get.

Op yes you wire them like single VC with the switch set at 2 ohms.

Thank you! Thats what I was looking for. You can either just wire it straight to your amp for either the 2ohm or 8ohm OR wire it like a single voice coil and get 1ohm

I think i might wire it back to 2ohms it noticeable sounds better and louder. Would the speaker wire size make a difference with it being 1ohm? I have 16g running. Which is kinda small for my subs

Archived