need a little help

Im needing to get a a bigger alternator. i thought i had got a bigger one off a dude on craigslist . he told me it was a 180 amp alternator that he had rebuilt so i installed and saw the my voltage would still drop pretty low and i got the alternator tested and it was really only a stock 100amp. so now i need to buy a new one. I work a low paying job so really cant afford the big name ones but i saw some on ebay i thought about getting heres a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ALTERNATOR-HIGH-OUTPUT-220-Amp-4-3L-CHEVY-S10-BLAZER-98-99-00-GMC-JIMMY-/360451492209?forcev4exp=true. does anyone know about this company or anything. im open to ideas

08 Ford F150

Im needing to get a a bigger alternator. i thought i had got a bigger one off a dude on craigslist . he told me it was a 180 amp alternator that he had rebuilt so i installed and saw the my voltage would still drop pretty low and i got the alternator tested and it was really only a stock 100amp. so now i need to buy a new one. I work a low paying job so really cant afford the big name ones but i saw some on ebay i thought about getting heres a link http://www.ebay.com/...forcev4exp=true. does anyone know about this company or anything. im open to ideas

Well he has an outrageous feedback and that's not a bad price when you're on a budget. I am in the market as well, but mine are running 449 for a 270 :/. I would say go for it - worst case is it will hold you over until you can get the one you really want. But 99.8% of 126,000 people liked what he was selling....

Save your money, a little bit more and you can get a decent alt here if you troll the for sale threads.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Save your money, a little bit more and you can get a decent alt here if you troll the for sale threads.

That's some very wise words. I know how you feel, needing a h/o alt. I need one. But don't buy something that you'll have to upgrade. Would you buy an amp that will do, but isn't what you want? You know you want one from the big namers out there. That's why I'm holding out. Can afford one that's bigger than mine, but it isn't what I want. Holding out until I can afford a mech or singer or whatnot.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived