Sonic Electronix

Distributon block or not

so i was wondering if its ok to add a distribution block to my o gauge wire running from my front battery to the rear im looking for a 0 gauge input to a 0 gauge output and 4 gauge ill be running a skar 1500 and a skar 85.4 im wondering if this is safe and also can yall recommend some good ones at a cheap price. or is it better to just run the 4 gauge wire from the battery and run t str8 to the skar 85.4

As long as you fuse each wire appropriately, you should be just fine.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

You would be better off with a smaller battery in back to tie into than a distribution block.

With the battery you will have solid connections at the terminal that are crimped or soldered instead of relying on set screws to hold them in place that could loosen over time and cause a possible fire.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i see figured i ask because i see so many ppl using distribution blocks and im honestly not trying to buy another battery for a 4 channel amp i could stop being lazy and just run the 4 gauge from the front and hook it up but then again other ppl are telling me a dist block will work just fine on my setup 0 gauge from battery with a 250 amp fuse then use a dist block one 0 gauge gong to skar 1500 and a 4 gauge going to the 85.4

i see figured i ask because i see so many ppl using distribution blocks and im honestly not trying to buy another battery for a 4 channel amp i could stop being lazy and just run the 4 gauge from the front and hook it up but then again other ppl are telling me a dist block will work just fine on my setup 0 gauge from battery with a 250 amp fuse then use a dist block one 0 gauge gong to skar 1500 and a 4 gauge going to the 85.4

If you dont have any voltage drop than get a distro. But the extra batt will help the Skar 1500 if you have a stock alt. Nothing wrong with the distro block as long as you check it periodically to make sure your set screws arent backing out. You can get a kinetik hc600 for like 50-60 on amazon shipped have a good point to tie into like Skullz said and crimp connections are better imo.

But it comes down to your budget and space. Nothing wrong with a distro. Heres on I would try.

http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-Shoc-Krome-Gauge-Distribution-Block/dp/B001F6ZCUQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347045213&sr=8-3&keywords=distribution+block+0%2F1+0%2F1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived