Second Skin Audio

Quick question about box space

So planning on 3 Aq hdc3 18s (got one already 2 motors ordered) in back of trailblazer c pillar wall. If I build a box to just slide in and trim it off the box will be roughly 16 1/2 ish that's like 5.5 cubic feet each before displacements and I have psi recone on the one i already have built for 1500 watts not that stiff and plan going psi with the other 2 if I can get a better deal then what I paid the the one if not Aq recones for all 3.. The main thing I'm asking is roughly 5.3 cubes each enough? Might just end up building box inside truck to gain little bit more airspace, give me opinions

05 trailblazer

Sub-3 Aq hdc3 18 with psi recones (need motors hmu)

Sub amps- 2 Lanzar opti 3200

Just do two in the space you're working with and get ~6ft^3 per sub with a lot of port. Also double layer all around and brace where necessary, a single layered box won't cut it.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Just do two in the space you're working with and get ~6ft^3 per sub with a lot of port. Also double layer all around and brace where necessary, a single layered box won't cut it.

I got different dimensions now try 40x30x37

05 trailblazer

im with john on this one....DONT MIX AND MATCH DIFF SUBS..... It really sounds like crap!!!! I know a guy who has a kicker l7 square and a alpine type r circle sub and they just sound wank!!! also with lifted on that souble mdf for the box.... I should have double baffled mine but didnt... can always add it later on the front but its already fabriced...

I'm not ginna mix and match. Their gonna be the same sub, same recone, going to break the 2 fresh reconed Ones in for a day or two freeair on low power to get them close to the older recone. Where do you see I'm mix and matching subs?

05 trailblazer

Double layered all around, that gives you 19.65ft^3 before sub and port displacements. You'd be pushing it with a slot port, but if you can do aeros/sonotubes to cut down on displacement, it can work.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Double layered all around, that gives you 19.65ft^3 before sub and port displacements. You'd be pushing it with a slot port, but if you can do aeros/sonotubes to cut down on displacement, it can work.

What is I do square ports like you see in a lot of Tahoe boxes kinda like meades

05 trailblazer

Archived