Tool Tips

C.Sanchez.A

I'm going to school to become a mechanic and am going to need to buy some tools. Any recommendations in terms of brand and such, I already have a tool list from the school.

One more thing, where are good places to buy from?

Edit: by recommendations I meant brands, I am not familiar with all of them.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Craftsman has a lifetime warranty and they make decent tools. Snap-on makes the best stuff in my opinion but it's expensive. What exactly are you looking for as far as recommendations anyway?

that list can go on for ever snap on is of course an amazing brand its all i buy. as far as most important tools i would have to say a 1/2 inch impact IR is a great one there snap on makes a good one as well, gear wrenches are amazing to have, streamlight flash light, all metric tools standard is not that common in the automotive field, i have a screw gun and a electric impact that i use all the time, pliers that i commonly use are long needle nose straight and 45 degree angle, channel locks, vise grips small and large, diag cutters, lots of screw drivers, air wrenches 3/4 inch drive and there is so much more it really depends what u plan on working on to what u need. i have over $20,000 in tools and there are still more that i need

Welcome to the mechanic world... Personally i got with Snap-On for tools that i use everyday that take a huge beating (Sockets, Ratchets, Impacts). Craftsman Impact Sockets, I also like to run Lisle and WM Tools for specialty applications like Axle Nut Sockets, Or Brake Tool, ETC. I Use Power Probe for my electrical Diagnosis Tools (Logic Probe, Solder Iron, ETC) I Have The Snap-On Solus Ultra Fully Upgraded Scanner for diagnosing almost every vehicle that comes in the door. (Also Ford IDS, Tech2, DRB, YTech) I would just find tools that you like and are reliable for you man. I Honestly can say that i have a set of duralast 3/8 Drive sockets that i picked up from Autozone that are incredibly Strong. i have had Snapon Fail before these sockets have, which is very impressive... So i would just do your thing man.. Congras And Good Luck :drinks: :drinks:

Right now I am looking for a tool chest any suggestions there?

Youtube Channel

Buy used from pawn shops lol i work at one i get snap on all the time for dirt cheap

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

To be honest I am surprised to see craftsman being suggested. I always thought of them as a cheap brand, not so cheap as no name china stuff but at the lower end of the list.

Youtube Channel

Well I found myself a tool chest. 53" x 24" Kobalt, from lowes. unfortunatly, I spent most of my student loan on it and now have little money for tools.

Youtube Channel

Archived