Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbKilla

PPI Black Ice 1800.D Review

12 posts in this topic

Sup fellas! I just thought some of you might want to know how the new PPI BK1800.D performs. After researching over the net trying to get a solid review and not finding any real answers, I decided to pull the trigger on one. I now have this amp hooked up to my dual Sundown SA-10 D4's in a custom flared ported box 2 cf (after displacement) tuned @ 33.4 hz. My first impression of the amp when taking it out of the box is it's a gorgeous looking amp (the copper on the black just pops). It's a fairly long amp ranging about 20" long and weighing in about 15-16 ibs. and the construction of it feels very solid! Ok...on with it's performance!!! I wanted to jump in head first to see what this bad boy could do so the 1st track I played was Gorilla Zoe "Lil Shawty" and man let me tell you what...with gain halfway up and crossed over @ 70 hz, this bad bish started beating the shit outta my 10's!!!! My damn trunk sounded like it was going to blow apart!! The bass was slammin me in the chest and face flexing my whole car, and sounded damn good while doing it! I had the bass knob bout 3/4 the way up, bass boost off and bass level on my HU at 0. THIS AMP IS A BEAST!!! I randomly flipped through various other tracks like Metallica "One", some Eagles, some Rave tunes from Dupanji and GMS among others, and this thing just kept pounding and bringing on a hurricane of very clean power!! After beating on it for nearly an hour it was barely even warm to the touch. HANDS DOWN if your in the market for a very nice budget high-end mono amp around 2000 watts DON'T HESITATE on opting for one of these!! The appearance is flawless, the board is based from an upgraded SS Rubi, the crossover section is extremely nice, 0 guage power and ground with 8 guage speaker and has a nice solid bass knob with led. If you thought PPI doesn't make a quality amp anymore other than their powerclass, THINK AGAIN! THIS AMP HANDLES BUSINESS DELIVERING TONS OF CLEAN POWER!!!

12dwA.jpg

IMsHS.jpg

Edited by dbKilla

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

1 person likes this

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

Lol, I actually went out and took a couple pics but how in the hell do you upload pics? I can't find an icon that allows that. Am i missing something?

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

^^^

or

Upload to photobucket and link from there.

Edited by Skullz

The easiest way is to have a photobucket account. It's 100% free and a good way to back up your pics, just slow as all hell. Upload pics to photobucket, then click on the link to that photo, copy, and paste the link in the reply box when you make a reply. It's a pain in the ass the first time you use it, but is simple once you get used to it.

Like so......old school PPi

P1010038.jpg

1 person likes this

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

Thanks Kranny

it floors me that that amp stays cool. i have the black ice 800.4 and this damn thing gets boiling hot real damn fast

as in i get to cranking on it hard and within 10 mins you dont want to touch it hot.

Edited by Ritch40

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YouWouldKnow
      Hey I recently bought a sundown amp but I am a little confused on how to wire it up. They show a diagram in the owners manual but I don't really understand it. It's a monoblock amp but it has dual out puts. Do I just use one of the positives and negatives? Or do I just take 2 from the positive out put and connect them together and then do the same thing with the negative output? I know I could probably guess and it would work but I just wanted to know what the best way was. 

• By jpsaudio
      https://youtu.be/cjZQtH__Y0M

https://youtu.be/loLaB2iklcc
      <div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cjZQtH__Y0M?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div> <div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/loLaB2iklcc?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div> is the video showing?
    • By bassaddiction
      yesterday i smoked one of the aq 2200. its been working fine for years i guess .5 ohms finally killed her
      i had two of them strapped at 1 ohm the other one i think is still good

does anyone know a place that repairs amps? bc i want to get ready for va tdh show next month
    • By Anzu007
      Hi, I have a car in which I did a car audio install but I did not want to replace the factory nav/radio so I bought a Fiio e17k Alpen 2, a portable DAC/AMP. I'm using my phone as source connected via usb so it uses the fiio's DAC instead of the phones. The Fiio has a line in/out connection in which I used a 3.5mm splitter to connect an aux cable to the factory radio and another rca cable to connect to the amplifier. My sub has only rca inputs (Hifonics BE2500.1D) so I'm assuming it only takes low level signal and no speaker level signal. Is there any way to tell whether the line out on the fiio e17k is sending low level or high level signal? I tested it with the hifonics amp gains at 1,500 watts and it sounds very nice and clean but I have no way of knowing if the amp internals are being damaged. Any help would be appreciated. 
    • By randy0025
      I need some help as I am installing some stuff into my 2012 Mazda 6 i sport.  I have a double din, and 2 amps.  The issue is I had 2 renegade amps installed and only needed to run a true 4awg wire to a block and then to the 2 amps. well those were not cutting it so i went and got a MB quart 800.4 for my door speakers and a Rockford T1500dbCP amp going to a JL audio 13w7 sub.    My big issue is my alternator puts out only 90 amps and i cant find a single place that will sell a HO alternator that is a drop fit into my mazda 6 and I didnt want to have to mod anything to get it to fit.   Can I keep the same stock alternator if I did the Big 3, and got a spare battery for the trunk? I am only asking this because I would figure from what I have read that the Big 3 and battery would be the very very minimum Ill need to push both new amps i have now, specially because i seen people saying they should have a battery for an RF 1500bdCP only and i have that plus the MB Quart 800.4 and a double din HU.     
      I would ask about a cap but from what i have read that wont help much anyways because they that just puts even more of a drain on my alternator when I cant upgrade that anyway(dont really want to unless I have too and have no choice).
      here is what I was thinking about buying to try but figured i would ask first and buy once....   http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74888_XS-Power-XP750-CK.html          and this         http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_86030_Belva-BBG3KT.html

Thanks for the help in advance, its much appreciated.  

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 662 Guests (See full list)