Sign in to follow this  
dbKilla

PPI Black Ice 1800.D Review

Sup fellas! I just thought some of you might want to know how the new PPI BK1800.D performs. After researching over the net trying to get a solid review and not finding any real answers, I decided to pull the trigger on one. I now have this amp hooked up to my dual Sundown SA-10 D4's in a custom flared ported box 2 cf (after displacement) tuned @ 33.4 hz. My first impression of the amp when taking it out of the box is it's a gorgeous looking amp (the copper on the black just pops). It's a fairly long amp ranging about 20" long and weighing in about 15-16 ibs. and the construction of it feels very solid! Ok...on with it's performance!!! I wanted to jump in head first to see what this bad boy could do so the 1st track I played was Gorilla Zoe "Lil Shawty" and man let me tell you what...with gain halfway up and crossed over @ 70 hz, this bad bish started beating the shit outta my 10's!!!! My damn trunk sounded like it was going to blow apart!! The bass was slammin me in the chest and face flexing my whole car, and sounded damn good while doing it! I had the bass knob bout 3/4 the way up, bass boost off and bass level on my HU at 0. THIS AMP IS A BEAST!!! I randomly flipped through various other tracks like Metallica "One", some Eagles, some Rave tunes from Dupanji and GMS among others, and this thing just kept pounding and bringing on a hurricane of very clean power!! After beating on it for nearly an hour it was barely even warm to the touch. HANDS DOWN if your in the market for a very nice budget high-end mono amp around 2000 watts DON'T HESITATE on opting for one of these!! The appearance is flawless, the board is based from an upgraded SS Rubi, the crossover section is extremely nice, 0 guage power and ground with 8 guage speaker and has a nice solid bass knob with led. If you thought PPI doesn't make a quality amp anymore other than their powerclass, THINK AGAIN! THIS AMP HANDLES BUSINESS DELIVERING TONS OF CLEAN POWER!!!

12dwA.jpg

IMsHS.jpg

Edited by dbKilla

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

Lol, I actually went out and took a couple pics but how in the hell do you upload pics? I can't find an icon that allows that. Am i missing something?

The easiest way is to have a photobucket account. It's 100% free and a good way to back up your pics, just slow as all hell. Upload pics to photobucket, then click on the link to that photo, copy, and paste the link in the reply box when you make a reply. It's a pain in the ass the first time you use it, but is simple once you get used to it.

Like so......old school PPi

P1010038.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By xpoppadaddyx
      Here we go with another build.  This one won't be as slow as the Chevy TB and I'm excited for that.  This vehicle is my work car so I work on it profusely week after week.  I am hoping to get this one done by end month so until then here are my plans.  If what you see sounds familiar it probably is, but I won't tell...🤔  Thanks everyone prematurely for the comments and hope to have some good reviews from this build. 
      Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp
      Rockford Fosgate T-400/4
      Audio Control Matrix
      Crescendo Symphony 5.25" Components
      Rockford Fosgate T1D410's
      Xs Power
      Kinetik
      Mechman OFC 1/0
      Singer Alt 
      Pioneer avic 4200NEX HU
    • By abdc
      So I ordered a Sound Magus VS2000.1 this weekend.
      Pretty excited considering what I paid.  Despite not being a widely used brand, I hear good things about the VS series.
      Anyone have personal experience with Sound Magus?

• By Cmac433
      I have a 2300hct. It works fine. But their is a mosfet under the board..right under the power input. I noticed one of the lights was busted and grounded out on the heat sink. And the lights don't work. So I think it's a power mosfet for the lights. Anyone know what kinda mosfet it is? I would like to replace it. It's burned to a crisp. Can't make anything out on it.  I know their are a ton of audiobahn haters out there. I got this amp to match the immortal I have. And it will push it just fine. I'm not trying to compete with it or anything. So it does the job. Any input would be great! Thanks guys
    • By Cmac433
      Question..their is a MOSFET underneath the board. Right under the power input. Its fried to a crisp. But the amp still works fine. I kinda think it powers the lights, because I noticed when I got it one of the bulbs are busted and grounded out to the heat sink. Anyway, anyone know what kinda MOSFET it is? I'd like to get it fixed. Its beyond recognizable.. Any help would be great!  I know a lot of people diss audiobahn, I don't like most of their stuff myself. But this amp matches my immortal. And will do good pushing it, thats all I need it to do. 
    • By jig
      Hey guys new member here hoping for some advice. I've always had systems in my cars but nothing crazy (amps that say 2k watts and put out 300). This time I want to go BIG. I intend to be running 2 fi btl's 18's powered by a Taramps HD8k. Instead of just buying a component set for the front and coaxils in the rear I thought Id try something different this time. I wanted to try 4 Skar audio 6.5" mids in the doors and 4" tweeters (two in dash and two in rear). Thats 2,240 watts RMS. Best amps I have found so far to power these are either the tara or stetsom 2k 4 channels (would be running two of these).  I've read that these amps (brazilian amps in general) are prone to distortion and not the best choice for mids and highs. The non brazalian amps don't seem to be putting out enough power. So what do you guys recommend? Should i just go with a Taramps? Is there a non brazalian amp that doesn't cost a shit ton of money and give me the power I need? I appreciate all and any advice and sorry if I sound ignorant but want to do it right this time. Thanks!
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)