Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbKilla

PPI Black Ice 1800.D Review

12 posts in this topic

Sup fellas! I just thought some of you might want to know how the new PPI BK1800.D performs. After researching over the net trying to get a solid review and not finding any real answers, I decided to pull the trigger on one. I now have this amp hooked up to my dual Sundown SA-10 D4's in a custom flared ported box 2 cf (after displacement) tuned @ 33.4 hz. My first impression of the amp when taking it out of the box is it's a gorgeous looking amp (the copper on the black just pops). It's a fairly long amp ranging about 20" long and weighing in about 15-16 ibs. and the construction of it feels very solid! Ok...on with it's performance!!! I wanted to jump in head first to see what this bad boy could do so the 1st track I played was Gorilla Zoe "Lil Shawty" and man let me tell you what...with gain halfway up and crossed over @ 70 hz, this bad bish started beating the shit outta my 10's!!!! My damn trunk sounded like it was going to blow apart!! The bass was slammin me in the chest and face flexing my whole car, and sounded damn good while doing it! I had the bass knob bout 3/4 the way up, bass boost off and bass level on my HU at 0. THIS AMP IS A BEAST!!! I randomly flipped through various other tracks like Metallica "One", some Eagles, some Rave tunes from Dupanji and GMS among others, and this thing just kept pounding and bringing on a hurricane of very clean power!! After beating on it for nearly an hour it was barely even warm to the touch. HANDS DOWN if your in the market for a very nice budget high-end mono amp around 2000 watts DON'T HESITATE on opting for one of these!! The appearance is flawless, the board is based from an upgraded SS Rubi, the crossover section is extremely nice, 0 guage power and ground with 8 guage speaker and has a nice solid bass knob with led. If you thought PPI doesn't make a quality amp anymore other than their powerclass, THINK AGAIN! THIS AMP HANDLES BUSINESS DELIVERING TONS OF CLEAN POWER!!!

12dwA.jpg

IMsHS.jpg

Edited by dbKilla

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

1 person likes this

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

Lol, I actually went out and took a couple pics but how in the hell do you upload pics? I can't find an icon that allows that. Am i missing something?

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

^^^

or

Upload to photobucket and link from there.

Edited by Skullz

The easiest way is to have a photobucket account. It's 100% free and a good way to back up your pics, just slow as all hell. Upload pics to photobucket, then click on the link to that photo, copy, and paste the link in the reply box when you make a reply. It's a pain in the ass the first time you use it, but is simple once you get used to it.

Like so......old school PPi

P1010038.jpg

1 person likes this

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

Thanks Kranny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0