Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbKilla

PPI Black Ice 1800.D Review

12 posts in this topic

Sup fellas! I just thought some of you might want to know how the new PPI BK1800.D performs. After researching over the net trying to get a solid review and not finding any real answers, I decided to pull the trigger on one. I now have this amp hooked up to my dual Sundown SA-10 D4's in a custom flared ported box 2 cf (after displacement) tuned @ 33.4 hz. My first impression of the amp when taking it out of the box is it's a gorgeous looking amp (the copper on the black just pops). It's a fairly long amp ranging about 20" long and weighing in about 15-16 ibs. and the construction of it feels very solid! Ok...on with it's performance!!! I wanted to jump in head first to see what this bad boy could do so the 1st track I played was Gorilla Zoe "Lil Shawty" and man let me tell you what...with gain halfway up and crossed over @ 70 hz, this bad bish started beating the shit outta my 10's!!!! My damn trunk sounded like it was going to blow apart!! The bass was slammin me in the chest and face flexing my whole car, and sounded damn good while doing it! I had the bass knob bout 3/4 the way up, bass boost off and bass level on my HU at 0. THIS AMP IS A BEAST!!! I randomly flipped through various other tracks like Metallica "One", some Eagles, some Rave tunes from Dupanji and GMS among others, and this thing just kept pounding and bringing on a hurricane of very clean power!! After beating on it for nearly an hour it was barely even warm to the touch. HANDS DOWN if your in the market for a very nice budget high-end mono amp around 2000 watts DON'T HESITATE on opting for one of these!! The appearance is flawless, the board is based from an upgraded SS Rubi, the crossover section is extremely nice, 0 guage power and ground with 8 guage speaker and has a nice solid bass knob with led. If you thought PPI doesn't make a quality amp anymore other than their powerclass, THINK AGAIN! THIS AMP HANDLES BUSINESS DELIVERING TONS OF CLEAN POWER!!!

12dwA.jpg

IMsHS.jpg

Edited by dbKilla

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

1 person likes this

I forgive you, now go upload some pics.....lol

Lol, I actually went out and took a couple pics but how in the hell do you upload pics? I can't find an icon that allows that. Am i missing something?

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

^^^

or

Upload to photobucket and link from there.

Edited by Skullz

The easiest way is to have a photobucket account. It's 100% free and a good way to back up your pics, just slow as all hell. Upload pics to photobucket, then click on the link to that photo, copy, and paste the link in the reply box when you make a reply. It's a pain in the ass the first time you use it, but is simple once you get used to it.

Like so......old school PPi

P1010038.jpg

1 person likes this

imgur.com

upload

use the link on the right hand side that imgur gives you, that has in the URL. copy paste here.

Thanks Kranny

it floors me that that amp stays cool. i have the black ice 800.4 and this damn thing gets boiling hot real damn fast

as in i get to cranking on it hard and within 10 mins you dont want to touch it hot.

Edited by Ritch40

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By randy0025
      I need some help as I am installing some stuff into my 2012 Mazda 6 i sport.  I have a double din, and 2 amps.  The issue is I had 2 renegade amps installed and only needed to run a true 4awg wire to a block and then to the 2 amps. well those were not cutting it so i went and got a MB quart 800.4 for my door speakers and a Rockford T1500dbCP amp going to a JL audio 13w7 sub.    My big issue is my alternator puts out only 90 amps and i cant find a single place that will sell a HO alternator that is a drop fit into my mazda 6 and I didnt want to have to mod anything to get it to fit.   Can I keep the same stock alternator if I did the Big 3, and got a spare battery for the trunk? I am only asking this because I would figure from what I have read that the Big 3 and battery would be the very very minimum Ill need to push both new amps i have now, specially because i seen people saying they should have a battery for an RF 1500bdCP only and i have that plus the MB Quart 800.4 and a double din HU.     
      I would ask about a cap but from what i have read that wont help much anyways because they that just puts even more of a drain on my alternator when I cant upgrade that anyway(dont really want to unless I have too and have no choice).
      here is what I was thinking about buying to try but figured i would ask first and buy once....   http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74888_XS-Power-XP750-CK.html          and this         http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_86030_Belva-BBG3KT.html

Thanks for the help in advance, its much appreciated.  

• By randy0025
      Hello, I am new to the car audio as in really wanting it to sound good. I have a 2012 Mazda 6 with a JVC KW-V120BT Head unit, Renegade REN 1100s 4 channel amp, Renegade Ren 850s Amp, Single 12' Kicker Comp D122 Sub, kenwood KFC-C6895P 6x8's, and Power Acoustik EF-60C Component 6.5"s.
      What I really want to know is what I sent my LPF and HPF to on my 4ch amp and what I'll set my LPF on my Mono amp powering a single 12" kicker sub. From what I have seen online because I didst want to have to ask this question was that every speaker will have a different setting per what car its in, but what i want to know is a good starting point that I can start with without messing anything up before hand.
      Here is the specs of everything
      Kicker 12" comp D122, FR=27-500Hz, Peak 600watts-RMS 300watts, Sensitivity 88.3db, Impedance 2Ohms, Voice Coil Dual.
      Power Acoustik EF-60c, FR=65- 20,000HZ, RMS 125watts, Sensitivity 92Db, 4Ohm's, Passive crossover Included, 2way full range.
      Kenwood KFC-C6895P, FR=63- 20,000Hz, RMS 90watts, Sensitivity 88db, 4Ohm's, 3 way design
      Renegade Ren 1100s, Rear--HP is from 80hz-2k hz, LP is from 50hz-250hz, Bass EQ 12,6,0. Front-- has 80hz-2k hz.
      Renegade Ren850s, Has Bass EQ 0db-12db, Sub Sonic 15hz-55hz, Low Pass 40hz-150hz, Input level 5v- .02v
      I have the PA Components up front in the doors and the Kenwood 6x8's in the rear doors, and of course the Sub in a ported box in the trunk.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know I don't have a ton of money in my setup but of course want the best sound that I can atleast give myself. I will set the gains on them as that I can atleast do myself without help. also I know my head unit has a bunch of stuff built into it that I can do these setting on there, I just rather not do them on there as incase i lose power or someone messes with it and i lose everything saved. If anyone knows my HU and knows what it should be set that info would be helpful to. AGAIN Thanks for the help ahead of time...
    • By Bj3ll0
      So As i'm sure you all are, I myself are constantly upgrading my system and when i do, I retune it using my DD1 I have come to notice that when i re adjust the gains the system always seems louder from when i was listening to it prior to tuning it, even if i'm not changing out any equipment. Is it possible that because my amp is mounted to my box that the vibrations overtime slightly lowers the gain? or am I high.
    • By Sufkayx
      Hi
      I may sound stupid for asking but im fairly new to car audio and have a little system consisting of
      2 Alpine type R's 12d2 subs
      4 Alpine type R component speakers
      Lanzar OPTIDRIVE 2600 mono amp at 0.5 ohm which puts out 2600 at .5
      4 cubic foot ported enclosure tuned at 36 hz
      i have my subs wired to .5 and the subs are rated at 1k each whilst im using a 2600 amp
      I am wanting to know what the gain is for im aware that its to match the output of the headunit with the amp but wanted to know if the gain determines how much power the amp recieves, at half gain will my amp get 1300 rms ?
      or will my amp still put out 2600 but just need the deck volume to be turned up more than if the gain was at 3/4
      Hope some one cant help
    • By Sjrow
      I have recently gotten a sundown audio zv4 15" d2. I'm looking for an amp that will power it along with a secondary battery and then the best way to build a box to go into a Toyota Corolla trunk
      Whether it's sub port back, sub back port back etc
      What are some great amp brands that will rms 2000-3500 watts and sustain play
      It can be bang for buck or bigger price range
      Also would a aero port be better or regular port space wise and effiecency wise
      Thank you very much
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 393 Guests (See full list)