Jump to content

Help deciding on mids/tweeters for highest cost/quality


Krakin

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm building a system for a 03 Sierra regular cab. As you might expect I have almost no room for speakers that aren't either in the door pod or in pillars. I've already gotten my bass down. But I need to replace my okay kicker component door pod speakers, but more importantly I need to replace the pillars with new 4" component or 2-ways. I've got a close idea about the 4" with the Rockford Fosgate power T142 (http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=112894.) But if anyone has any input from there experience with better quality sound around $150-250 a pair then it would be much appreciated.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

No offense but I LOL'd when I saw you posted those Rockford's.

ya no offence taken about that i just know more about wiring then i do the actual quality of them
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

How much bass you got? The new Sundown Components should be coming out in a month, they're going to retail for $200/set but hopefully they'll be cheaper than that on preorder. It's what I'm gonna get! :)

Most people don't suggest 4" speakers unless it's a real midrange in a 3-way component set (Expensive). I'd just do a nice 6 1/2" component set.

Here's some good options you can get right now for a $200 +/- $50:

Pioneer D-Series 6 3/4"$130 (Awesome choice for really nice sound quality on a budget)

Image Dynamics $160 (Image Dynamics is out of business, so no warranty from them. But their products are known for their awesome sound quality. One of the best. This is their entry model)

Rockford T-1's $200 (Same as T-2 but with a fabric dome tweeter instead of an aluminum dome, and no phase plug)

Rockford T-2's $230

RE Audio XXX$270 (Highest power handling out of the bunch)

If you like the sound of PA's, Crescendo and Selenium are quite popular here. You'll need to run them active or get a crossover (Crescendo sell's their crossovers, just ask).

Selenium stuff

Crescendo Stuff

This isn't an all-inclusive list, I'm sure others will post up a ton of their personal fav's. But it's a start.

Do you have an amp already?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Posted

I've got a 1800 watt amp that powers 500 in 4ohm, 900 2ohm, over 1k 1ohm but running either 1 or two JBL 12inch P220D 2ohm dvc (20-400Hz with a 200 cutoff). that push 110db at 400, with two sealed 1 cube boxes.The door speakers are some kickers 6" components i just got when i ran to our local car audio store that i had to put in for time being cause all the speakers in the truck had been blown.

But I was really looking for some 4inch because those are what fit the pillars. Not that 6" would be much of a problem to get to fit into the pillars. Just trying to get the least hassle because of time related issues.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1284 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...