zack_e89 Posted September 11, 2012 Report Posted September 11, 2012 I want to run a good set of 6.5 components in my 01 jeep grand cherokee in the stock location in the back doors, and have the tweeters up front on the dash because I have speakers for the front doors already. The amp I have is a skar 85.4...Will these fit? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45417_Morel-Maximo-6.html 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
MrSkippyJ Posted September 11, 2012 Report Posted September 11, 2012 Any particular reason you don't move what you currently have to the back and use the new components up front? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
zack_e89 Posted September 11, 2012 Author Report Posted September 11, 2012 Any particular reason you don't move what you currently have to the back and use the new components up front? I have 6x9s up front, and I wanted to just put new speakers in the stock locations in my doors. 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
TylerParrish Posted September 11, 2012 Report Posted September 11, 2012 i say stick the 6x9's in the back, you should get a better sound quality with the 6.5's if you set em up right and if i were driving, I'd rather the better sound in my sound stage be where I can hear it....not where the people in the back seats can hear it. What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
STL.Don Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 I agree with TylerParrish. The 6"x9" speakers would make the system sound much better if they were placed in the back. If you want something that is loud and clear do a set of loudspeaks that are 6.5" or so with a set of pro tweeters. Or if you want to eave the 6"x9" speakers in front then just get coaxials in the back and a seperate set of tweeters. That would be much better then seperating the component set like you were talking.
zack_e89 Posted September 13, 2012 Author Report Posted September 13, 2012 I agree with TylerParrish. The 6"x9" speakers would make the system sound much better if they were placed in the back. If you want something that is loud and clear do a set of loudspeaks that are 6.5" or so with a set of pro tweeters. Or if you want to eave the 6"x9" speakers in front then just get coaxials in the back and a seperate set of tweeters. That would be much better then seperating the component set like you were talking. ok thanks for the advice guys 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
STL.Don Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 I agree with TylerParrish. The 6"x9" speakers would make the system sound much better if they were placed in the back. If you want something that is loud and clear do a set of loudspeaks that are 6.5" or so with a set of pro tweeters. Or if you want to eave the 6"x9" speakers in front then just get coaxials in the back and a seperate set of tweeters. That would be much better then seperating the component set like you were talking. ok thanks for the advice guys You're Welcome
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.