Second Skin Audio

Is It Possible To Have An Fi Btl 18'' In The Trunk Of This Car (with A Good Box And Not Lose Perfomance)?

I know at least one person on here owns a 1999 Toyote Camry XLe v6 or at least knows someone who has one -.-

I'm not too good at measuring things and calculating what kind of box fits and doesn't fit in the trunk and that is why I hope someone on here will have the time to go out and measure one correctly and see what my possibilities are with an Fi BTL sub.

I've been thinking about the Fi BTL fully loaded prices and for the 15'' vs the 18'', it's only about a 50$ difference.

But here's the thing, even IF there is a way to build a 5cF box to fit the 18'' in the trunk of my car, I don't want to go this route if I'll be getting more bass output by getting a 15'' Fi BTL with a proper 5cF box.

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos of single 18'' Fi BTL owners and most of them are using a ~7 cF box for it in order to get best performance. I doubt 7 cF will fit in my Camry Trunk.

Anyways, I TRIED to measure my trunk and this is what I got:

W - 38'', H - 17'', D - 25'' (The W is bigger but I couldn't measure the entire W because of the tire areas on both sides. As for the Height, I measured up to whatever I saw was interfering).

Note: I plan on spending ~$250.00 to have someone build a box for me (probably from team toxic or steve).

Since it will be a custom built box, I'll probably need to make sure it fits in the trunk from the opening.

The measurements I made for this one is inaccurate *I think* but here it is:

W - 48'', H - 18'' D - 16''

--------------------------

My current system:

Two 12'' eD 13kv subs with a total of 600 watts from a eD nine.2x

DLS M6A front comps with an eD Nine.2 amp getting a total of 200 watts total.

--------------------------

My plans IF I upgrade:

Since I already have a small system, I figured I'll upgrade my electrical first and the last step will be get the Fi BTL + Box + an amp.

- Big 3 (not sure how to do it. or how much money I'll need to spend for this part)

- Alternator (i'll probably have to spend atleast $250.00+)

- Yellow Top Battery (Probably $250.00+?) <-- This will stop the semi light flickering from my 600 watt subs

- Fi BTL - $450 - $500

- Amp (not sure what to get yet, but I was looking at the Hifonics XX-THOR for $600). I'm trying to keep this budget ~$600 but then again, I don't want to go cheap on an amp.

- A Box - $250-$300 (I bought my current dual 12 prefab box at edesignaudio.com for $240 shipped and that was a rip off. So hopefully I find a good company to build me a good box that's not money hungry and not go cheap on the material either ^_^)

-1/0 Gauge wires - Probably ~$150 for this

- A SECOND Battery in trunk - ~$250 (Not sure if needed but probably?)

---------------------------

Notes on my spending history:

Well, I'd have to say the total ammount of money I've spent into my CURRENT small system is about $918 edesignaudio.com products, $80.00 knukonceptz wiring, 120$ crutchfield headunit, $230 DLS MS6A front components. So that's about 1.4 grand on my 2 yr old system that I'm using.

Other notes: I spent $2,300 building my gaming rig computer over the summer.

I spent 307$ last month buying the Garmin 650 GPS unit

I spent roughly $400 on school books for this term

I still have to pay about 2 grand for my classes this winter term.

I still have to pay about ~$300 for my insurance next month

----------------------------

About me:

Full time student taking 4 classes and I only work once a week for 8 hours on Friday.

I'm no longer making ~$500 a month off google ads no more.

----------------------------

Do I have the money to upgrade to a system?

Yes but I'll be risking my food money.

Blah. I digress.

The bottom line is, should I upgrade my electrical now? Will my electrical need to be RE-UPGRADE if, say I don't do my Fi BTL + BOX + AMP upgrade until 2-3 years from now? How long do Yellow Top Batteries last anyway? What kind of Alternator should I buy?

Here's another note: I'm going to be Transfering to a Univeristy for sure before 2009,and I most likely won't be able to bump my music much in those small city areas unless I want to get robbed. Right now I live in a calm environment where I can bump music without worrying about getting jacked.

What should I do guys? Should I just finish my 3-4 years and get a degree then upgrade to the Fi BTL stuff or should I just upgrade ASAP so I can enjoy my shiznits for 8 months ~_~.

Oh and I still need help with the box stuff. If I don't upgrade and stuff, atleast I know what my options are when I do.

By the way, this youtube video is the main reason that keeps telling me to get an Fi BTL 18'':

I get goosebumps everytime I watch it. That sound wave sure travels far!

It's probably not possible to do what if my sub is in the trunk huh? It kinda looks like his SUV is acting sorta of a "box" to help produce all that bass too

Here's what my trunk kinda looks like.

box1.JPG

image020-1.jpg

image027-1.jpg

The opening of my trunk seems kinda small compared to the opening of a 2006 Civic Sedan. however the inner of my trunk is larger than the civic sedan.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Guest MegaloManiac

The answer to your question for the18" in a camry, i am going to advise against it. My friend wanted an 18" bl for his camry and there was simply no way he could do it without building it in the trunk & it would only be minimum space requirements for so it wont perform as well as a nice 15" with a baddass box and plenty of space to breathe. simply not worth the effort when you can easily achieve the same audible loudness you seek with a 15" driver that you cant take the box in and out if need be.

Basically the 18" is out of the question because you won't have nearly enough room. go with the 15" BTL and build a nice, loud box. It should sound really good.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

The answer to your question for the18" in a camry, i am going to advise against it. My friend wanted an 18" bl for his camry and there was simply no way he could do it without building it in the trunk & it would only be minimum space requirements for so it wont perform as well as a nice 15" with a baddass box and plenty of space to breathe. simply not worth the effort when you can easily achieve the same audible loudness you seek with a 15" driver that you cant take the box in and out if need be.

Dang. That's what I thought ><. If only I had a damn hatchback vehical.

Ok, so I guess my only option is a 15'' Fi BTL.

People say the 18'' Fi BTL Fully Loaded is able to get 3,000 wRms without any problems for daily.

Is it the same case with a 15'' Fi BTL Fully loaded?

I don't see many 15'' Fi BTL videos on youtube. :(

I also don't see many Fi BTL's in trunks of sedans and such.

Are Fi BTL's made for SUV's and large vehicles for best perfomance?

My other option to a system upgrade was to just use my current 3cF dual 12'' ported box and buy 12'' Type-R's

I don't think upgrading to Type-R's will be worth it because I'll only be getting 3 times the bass of what I"m getting from my eD 13kv.3's.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Guest MegaloManiac
People say the 18'' Fi BTL Fully Loaded is able to get 3,000 wRms without any problems for daily.

Is it the same case with a 15'' Fi BTL Fully loaded?

in the werds of DD, "If you have to ask...."

Basically the 18" is out of the question because you won't have nearly enough room. go with the 15" BTL and build a nice, loud box. It should sound really good.

You would be really sufficateing the btl badly i think. A 15" or 2 12" BL's would be even better with a really well built box!

User 9512GPGTX on this forum is thinking about going with a 15'' Fi BTL too. I wonder how his will turn out. We need more videos of 15'' Fi BTL's -.-

I think he had a Fi BL sub and he's switching to BTL. That's another reason why I choose BTL because maybe BTL >> BL

dang. 15'' Fi BTL is $ 469.00 so that makes an 15'' to a 18'' (fully loadeds) only $30.00 difference. It makes it feel like the 18 is a better bang for a buck.

they should decrease the 15'' price down to $430 or atleast increase the 18'' fully loaded to $530 lol.

Another reason why I am choosing Fi because people keep saying theiy almost as good as the RE XXX and for half the price :)

Edited by moh.vze.com

User 9512GPGTX on this forum is thinking about going with a 15'' Fi BTL too. I wonder how his will turn out. We need more videos of 15'' Fi BTL's -.-

I think he had a Fi BL sub and he's switching to BTL. That's another reason why I choose BTL because maybe BTL >> BL

dang. 15'' Fi BTL is $ 469.00 so that makes an 15'' to a 18'' (fully loadeds) only $30.00 difference. It makes it feel like the 18 is a better bang for a buck.

they should decrease the 15'' price down to $430 or atleast increase the 18'' fully loaded to $530 lol.

Another reason why I am choosing Fi because people keep saying theiy almost as good as the RE XXX and for half the price :)

http://media.putfile.com/what-song-90

2 15" BTL's 2 RF t2000

2006 Impala setupkenwood kdc-x789Pioneer 6.5'skicker 850.4pa a3000db @.351 18" BTL

One Eighteen will not fit right, so don't bother. Unless you are willing to give up your entire trunk and fiberglass it in there

Go with One BTL 15 ported with about 4-5 cubes internal tuned to 35. I have two in a 99 integra hatch with 6000 watts and it slams. One BTL 15 done right will be plenty loud in any car with a good powerful anp and proper electrical system

Christian

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/