DC Sound Lab

XL M2's making flap flap type noise on low note of Put On Decaf remix?

Just to give you an idea what a good box would cost, If I were to build you a custom box specifically for the XLs, it would be $175 plus shipping with carpet. The box either needs to be properly braced or the entire box needs to be double layered, or both. Also if you are going to mount the amp on the box, that wall needs to be double layered. to help reduce vibrations. You dont want to damage the amp by vibrating to to death.

$170 dollars for a box for 2 XLs shipped? Sounds like that box isnt built to handle those woofers. If braced properly and double baffled like it should be then that is cheap. That box shipped has to be like $50-$70 of that.

It's an old sub box I used for my 1200W system and 600W system years back.

Just to give you an idea what a good box would cost, If I were to build you a custom box specifically for the XLs, it would be $175 plus shipping with carpet. The box either needs to be properly braced or the entire box needs to be double layered, or both. Also if you are going to mount the amp on the box, that wall needs to be double layered. to help reduce vibrations. You dont want to damage the amp by vibrating to to death.

So should I drill this additional layer of MDF to the back of the amp?

DC5K_amp_1.JPG

It looks like I'm going to need someone to build me a new box soon :(

But I think if I go this route, I might as well put the battery sideways so that the box can go all the way back to the rear of trunk if needed?

build2.JPG

Seems like I have a lot of space for a bigger box except on the sides because of the trunk bracket thing that close down.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I'm thinking about mounting my DC5K like this and have the subs fire towards the rear, but I'm afraid it might not get enough ventilation for the amp. Thoughts?

image020-1.jpg

box1.JPG

Note: I will also have rear speakers so there's like no hole for the spl to go into the cabin. I might have to just not use rear speaker will if I go this route.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Hmm. So I should use a bunch of rubber washers to give it a couple cm away from the back of box and just nail it to the box?

Edited by moh.vze.com

If you have any other options, I wouldnt mount it to the box at all. I would mount the box with the subs firing into the cabin and get it sealed off. Then I would build a floor in the trunk for the amps so you get them off of the box. You want to mount the amps 1/2" off of the floor and get a fan to make sure you have air movement.

Pretty sure my box is all jacked up because the weird noise is more noticeable on multiple songs now :(

How much would shipping cost be from Florida to Oregon if I were to get a box built by you?

I already know for sure I'm going to need a new box. I just have to think this through to know exactly how much space I have and all the small details such as getting the box into the trunk and then having to screw the subs into the holes after getting the heavyass box inside and whether I want to rear or cabin fire it in.

My current box:

Dimensions : W - 33", H - 14.5", D - 18"

Internal Size : 3.0cF

Tuning Frequency : 30Hz

I will upload the picture of the exact schematic if you want when I find the diagram.

Do you know anyone with a 1999 Camry XLE so you can check out the trunk area?

Again, I'm going to need some time to think about what tuning freq I'd like the box and if I want any fancy aereo ports and such.

Edited by moh.vze.com