Second Skin Audio

Fi Audio Opinions

LanceArmdong

Hi. I've been thinking about doing 4 Fi Audio IB3 12's in my 99 Lincoln Town car and would like to hear some opinions about these subs. I'm looking to do a small box. I don't really want a ton of weight in the trunk do to the air shocks but really want to do 4 12's. What do you guys think?

I dont think you should be worried about weight if you want 4 12's and want to power them to their fullest. You're talkin subs, box, more batteries, lots of wire, amps. Lots of subs and not much wieght just dont go hand-in-hand

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Those subs aren't meant to be enclosed at all, hence forth "Infinite Baffle"

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

From what I understand, Infinite Baffle subs aren't made to be mounted in a box. They just need to be on some kind of baffle for them to work well. So you could drop one in your rear deck and call it a day.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

subs7yy.jpg

this is an infinite baffle. the entire trunk is essentially the box. ib3's are not what you are looking for.

if you really want 4 12's, i would hope you dont care about weight really. if you cared, then you could do like 2 15's or something.

Infinite baffle, TRUE IB, is where the rear wave and the front wave from the sub NEVER meet, Meaning completely sealed off trunk from the rear in your case, NO leaks whatsoever can be present. Just stick to 2 12's in a properly designed and built ported enclosure. It's a tried and true method for a reason, it WORKS. Your box won't take up TOO much space, won't weigh TOO much, and will put out enough boom for your liking.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived