Need some help deciding on a new HU

inm

Yeah, I use the word switch but should have said interrupter instead. A toggle switch, push button, whatever you want. And yes whenever you want to watch video you need to switch it off, on then you're good.

Something I started doing recently is using my iPad for video and just using Bluetooth audio through the hu. Going to work on a mount for it when I get a few bucks for supplies.

You do not need to wire in a switch, mine is working just fine without a switch.

Also, my 4400 does not play WMA.

Otherwise, stellar head unit. No clipping at 40/40 on RCA's. Lots of cool little features. Overall am very happy with my 4400. Only cost me 340 brand new. I was deterred from the 8800 because I was told that the detachable screen has problems staying attached.

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

You do not need to wire in a switch, mine is working just fine without a switch.

Also, my 4400 does not play WMA.

Otherwise, stellar head unit. No clipping at 40/40 on RCA's. Lots of cool little features. Overall am very happy with my 4400. Only cost me 340 brand new. I was deterred from the 8800 because I was told that the detachable screen has problems staying attached.

Im sure you mean 8400 not 8800 Are you saying the 8400 doesn't need a switch? Mine does. A relay will work instead though. And the 8400 plays wma. I've done it w mine and pioneer says it works also http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

Did you install your hu yourself? If you had it done somewhere they could have installed a bypass relay for you. They're less than $20. If you installed it yourself and didn't use a relay or a switch that's great, but I wasn't talking about the 4400 when I mentioned the parking brake bypass to begin with.

So if I went with a relay, I wouldn't need to do any type of toggle whenever I want to watch a video?

Correct. Wire it up once correctly and forget it.

"Wire it up correctly"

From a quick Google search, is this what I need to do?

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?94769-The-hands-free-way-to-bypass-your-parking-brake-wire.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

That part I have no experience with, so I really can't say for sure. I could GUESS that the only way that has a chance to work is if in that diagram "TO PK BK" is wired to the head unit parking brake sensor, and not to the actual parking brake wire. Maybe someone else on here has wired one themselves, or maybe a local shop can tell you how they do it.

Archived