These worth it for my Impala?

Been looking for an okay, basic set of aftermarket rims for my 2002 Chevy Impala. Finally found a set for my slightly uncommon 5x115mm bolt pattern w/40mm offset. I believe this sounds like a deal but since it's my first time ever buying rims and tires I wanted to see everyone thoughts about it, before I just buy them haha. He is asking $325 for the complete set, with tires, sounds good, but idk if I should try to get him lower on price?

I made an album of all the photos the guy sent me. 1 rim has some curb rash, the rest not bad, the center caps show some use though.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9765661/

They came off of a 02 Oldsmobile Alero and the tire size are 215/55-16. My car takes 225/60-16, so should I just not use these tires or would they be okay?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Well first, if I'm right... I can be 100% wrong here... but tires go with the rim. Your car takes 225/60-16 cause that's what goes best with that rim. If you got those other rims, it could stay the same or could change. And you obviously can use different tires with each rim.

As for $325, not bad for rims and tires. I just paid close to a grand for mine... brand new rims and tires, but still. So not sure how the tires are, like 1/2 way through their life or what, but it seems like a good deal (even with the rash or whatnot) if you like those rims. Me personally, I don't so I wouldn't. But it's not my ride, so yeah. If I could've gotten mine for $400 and used, I would've. Car looks sweet with em. Had em on for less than a day and got 3 compliments. Everyone loves em haha.

Sheena = pedobear

the tire size is not that far off and you would't need to get your computer recalibrated the little bit of difference. so you should be ok. Tire size checked with http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html . If you like the wheels more than what you have now, than $325 isnt bad at all.

Well first, if I'm right... I can be 100% wrong here... but tires go with the rim. Your car takes 225/60-16 cause that's what goes best with that rim. If you got those other rims, it could stay the same or could change. And you obviously can use different tires with each rim.

As for $325, not bad for rims and tires. I just paid close to a grand for mine... brand new rims and tires, but still. So not sure how the tires are, like 1/2 way through their life or what, but it seems like a good deal (even with the rash or whatnot) if you like those rims. Me personally, I don't so I wouldn't. But it's not my ride, so yeah. If I could've gotten mine for $400 and used, I would've. Car looks sweet with em. Had em on for less than a day and got 3 compliments. Everyone loves em haha.

That makes sense, I checked on tirerack who sells them, my car and his recommend the same wheel model number and rim, so good there. Just recommends different tire size with different car, don't see it being too much of a problem. I hope lol. I wish it would be worth it to get new rims, car is 10 years old and has about 200k miles on it, just looking for wheels that aren't rusted lmao! next car I'll drop the money and do something nice like you have! The rims are very basic, 5-spoke, simple. But going on a simple tan Impala with no class lol. I have steel wheels (with some rust) and hub caps on it now so most anything will help!! Thanks man!

the tire size is not that far off and you would't need to get your computer recalibrated the little bit of difference. so you should be ok. Tire size checked with http://www.miata.net...irecalc.html . If you like the wheels more than what you have now, than $325 isnt bad at all.

Oh I didn't even think of recalibration, glad it's good there then, thanks! They are way better than the steel wheels and hubs I got now haha!

Also I got the guy down to $250 for everything, sweet!

That makes sense, I checked on tirerack who sells them, my car and his recommend the same wheel model number and rim, so good there. Just recommends different tire size with different car, don't see it being too much of a problem. I hope lol. I wish it would be worth it to get new rims, car is 10 years old and has about 200k miles on it, just looking for wheels that aren't rusted lmao! next car I'll drop the money and do something nice like you have! The rims are very basic, 5-spoke, simple. But going on a simple tan Impala with no class lol. I have steel wheels (with some rust) and hub caps on it now so most anything will help!! Thanks man!

the tire size is not that far off and you would't need to get your computer recalibrated the little bit of difference. so you should be ok. Tire size checked with http://www.miata.net...irecalc.html . If you like the wheels more than what you have now, than $325 isnt bad at all.

Oh I didn't even think of recalibration, glad it's good there then, thanks! They are way better than the steel wheels and hubs I got now haha!

Also I got the guy down to $250 for everything, sweet!

That's good to hear man. Glad it worked out for ya.

Sheena = pedobear

should work, honestly i wouldnt do it...those are winter tires BTW your lucky if they last you thru the summer

id offer $200 if you go by snow tires tread those tires are shot :pardon:

if you got them i would switch out the tires, you tires you have with those wheels would def be the best option

tire wise you wont have a problem, 215-60 225-60 are common sizes for those cars

hope that helps

should work, honestly i wouldnt do it...those are winter tires BTW your lucky if they last you thru the summer

id offer $200 if you go by snow tires tread those tires are shot :pardon:

if you got them i would switch out the tires, you tires you have with those wheels would def be the best option

tire wise you wont have a problem, 215-60 225-60 are common sizes for those cars

hope that helps

I ended up getting them for $225. Tires have enough tread on them I am going to sell them for a few bucks, thanks for the advice! Going to put my all seasons on these rims tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating this thread:

I got the rims and had everything put on last night. Deciding to sell the snow tires that were on them, so I put my all seasons on the alloy's. Turned out very nice for $225.

What my car looked like (hub caps..)

carold.jpg

What is looks like now :)

carnewt.jpg

This was definitely overdue! Thanks for the help everyone!! Couldn't be happier!

Not the same car. Top pic, right below the gas door is dark. Bottom pic, it matches the rest of the car. Plus the background and stuff is completely different. I am sad to say, it is not the same car.

Lmfao, just kiddin. I know it's just the light that does that for your dent or "love mark", but looks good man. I think you'd be happier rollin with some spinners. Lol. And not fake lame spinners but the real chrome $2,000 per rim spinners. Haha!

Sheena = pedobear

Archived